EXU-Dry Dressing with Anti-Shear Layer
Smith & Nephew EXU-Dry Dressing with Anti-Shear Layer is a very unique dressing in that it combines the functions of a few different wound healing types of dressings into one pad; lowering the costs and time associated with wound care treatment.
The layered, one-piece EXU-DRY wound dressing pad can safely replace gauze, abdominal pads and nonadherent dressings. It's made up of multiple layers which, when taken together produce a soft, nonadherent, highly absorbent material for wound treatment that is pliable enough to conform to any wound no matter how awkward or difficult to reach an area it happens to be. The EXU-DRY Dressings are suitable for use on all types of wounds, burns and skin ulcers.
It won't stick to skin or wounds, so that painful, wince-inducing dressing changes are a thing of the past. The Anti-Shear Layer helps helps protect fragile granulation tissue, reducing the disruption of newly forming granulation tissue to a minimum. The one-piece, multi-layer sealed construction eliminates frayed edges and loose threads. The specially formulated dressing is lint-free, nonocclusive and available in precut sizes for tube and drain sites.
Smith & Nephew EXU-Dry Dressing with Anti-Shear Layer Features:
- Outer Layer - High density polyethylene
- Inner Layers - Highly absorbent rayon/cellulose blend
- Anti Shear Layer - High density polyethylene
- Wound Contact Layer - High density polyethylene
Indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full-thickness wounds. Some typical wounds are:
- Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
- Pressure sores
- Donor sites
- Surgical incisions
- Surgical excisions
- Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
- During the body's normal healing process, unnecessary material is removed from the wound which will make the wound appear larger after the first few dressing changes. If the wound continues to get larger after the first few dressing changes, consult an appropriate healthcare professional.
- Should any signs of irritation (redness, swelling, increased burning sensation), maceration (over-hydration of the skin), hyper-granulation (excess tissue) or sensitivity (allergic reactions) appear, discontinue use and consult an appropriate healthcare professional.
Warranty: manufacturer's warranty
Returns: Due to the hygiene or rehabilitation nature of this product, it is non-returnable.
Please refer to ActiveForever's return policy for more detailed information.
Related Searches: Smith & Nephew CovRSite Adhesive Wound Cover, Smith & Nephew FlexiGel Hydrogel Sheet Dressing, Smith & Nephew OpSite Flexifix Transparent Film Roll, Smith & Nephew Primapore Dressing