Sku: B12248 08 - Part #: UNS59480400_cs
Call us toll-free! 1-800-377-8033
AlgiSite ® M Calcium Alginate Dressing forms a soft gel that absorbs when it comes into contact with wound exudate. A soft, sterile, comfortable dressing, AlgiSite M helps utilize the proven benefits of moist wound management. AlgiSite M Calcium Alginate Dressing is easy to remove, conforms to wound contours, and has very high wet and dry strength. The advanced bonding technique employed by AlgiSite M Calcium Alginate Dressing greatly reduces the fiber shedding typically associated with fiber-based alginates. Buy your AlgiSite ® M Calcium Alginate Dressing from ActiveForever.com today!
Easy to Remove:
When used with an exuding wound, AlgiSite M Calcium Alginate Dressing forms a soft gel that does not adhere to healing tissue of the wound. The alginate dressing can be easily lifted out of the wound in one piece or, if necessary, washed out with saline solution
Conforms to the Wound:
AlgiSite ® M Calcium Alginate Dressing can be molded, folded, or cut to fit the shape and size of the wound. As the fibers gel, AlgiSite ® M produces an even more intimate contact with the wound.
Creates a moist wound environment:
As the AlgiSite ® M Calcium Alginate Dressing forms its soft gel, the alginate dressing creates moist environment at the wound surface. AlgiSite ® M promotes an ideal moist wound environment and prevents eschar formation. Allowing the gaseous exchange necessary for a healthy wound bed, the AlgiSite ® M Calcium Alginate Dressing also allows wound contraction to occur, which helps reduce scarring.
Highly absorbent dressing:
Studies have shown that AlgiSite ® M Calcium Alginate Dressing absorbs up to 13 times its own weight in wound exudate, allowing the dressing to remain on the wound for up to 7 days depending on the nature of the wound and the volume of exudate.
AlgiSite M Calcium Alginate Dressing Features:
- Soft, comfortable dressing for moist wound management
- Easy to remove - Does not adhere to the healing tissue of the wound
- Conforms to wound contours
- Can be molded, folded, or cut to fit shape and size of wound
- Enables wound contraction to help reduce scarring
- Prevents eschar formation
- Allows gaseous exchange necessary for a healthy wound bed
AlgiSite M Calcium Alginate Dressing Specifications:
- Dimensions: 2" x 2", 4" x 4", 6" x 8" and .75" x 12" rope
- Packaged: pads - cases of 100, rope - case of 60!
In OTC applications, AlgiSite ® M may be used for minor conditions such as:
- Skin Tears
- Minor Burns
Under care of healthcare professionals, AlgiSite ® M Calcium Alginate Dressing may be used to manage full and partial thickness wounds including:
- Leg Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Surgical Wounds
When using AlgiSite ® M Calcium Alginate Dressing, please note the following precautions:
- Do not use on patients with known allergies to alginates
- Ensure packing in cavities, sinuses, etc. has been removed
- AlgiSite ® M Calcium Alginate Dressing may adhere if used on very lightly exuding wounds. If the dressing is not easily removed, moisten with saline then remove
Returns: Due to the hygiene or rehabilitation nature of this product, it is non-returnable.
Please refer to ActiveForever's return policy for more detailed information.
Related Searches: algi site, algisiteM, woundcare, UNS59480100, UNS59480100_CS, UNS59480400_CS
Looking for special pricing on larger quantities? Call our experts at 1-800-377-8033 for a free quote.