End the pain and inconvenience of crutches with the new iWALK2.0 hands free crutch. iWALK2.0 allows hands free / pain free mobility in a simple, safe, intuitive, cost effective way. Easy to learn, on or off in seconds, one size fits all, converts from left to right leg use in seconds, no tools required. iWALK2.0 boldly asks the question, "Why would you use arm crutches when a leg crutch works much better?" Over ten years experience as the world leader in hands-free mobility has culminated in the iWALK2.0 hands-free crutch. This total redesign of the original iWALKFree, and has been dramatically improved in every area. It's much easier to learn than the original, proficiency is typically achieved in under two minutes, making iWALK2.0 easier to learn than conventional crutches.
It's comfortable, sturdy, proven and allows users to enjoy hands-free, pain-free mobility throughout their recovery. It allows them to resume their daily routine. Common tasks that are impossible with crutches or knee scooters, things such as pushing a shopping cart, mowing the lawn, carrying a glass of water, etc. are easy and pain-free using the iWALK2.0.
The first of its kind in the world, iWALKFree is a revolutionary hands-free crutch designed to meet the mobility needs of people with non-weight bearing lower leg injuries. iWALKFree is a potent alternative to traditional crutches, allowing its users self-sufficiency through the full use of their arms and hands and the opportunity to take an active part in their lives and their rehabilitation. The device supports the knee and upper leg using a universal, ambidextrous fastening system that allows for almost any adjustment for user height and leg size.
The Hands-Free Crutch has been designed to be comfortable, lightweight, and compact. It is easy to assemble and fully adjustable to meet the needs of adults and young people of varying height. Professional fitting not required.
To assemble and fit iWALKFree:
- With the Handle facing forward, insert the tubes of the Upper Assembly into the sockets of the Knee Platform. If the hole at the bottom of the Left tube does not align with the hole in the Platform, simply rotate the tube until it does.
- Identify the Right side Support Tube by the small “R” stamped near the top. Press in the small silver button and insert the Support Tube into the bottom of the Knee Platform socket until the button springs into the hole. Make sure the two tubes and the Knee Platform are securely locked together. Next, insert the left Support Tube.
- Attach the Lower Assembly to the Knee Platform by pressing in the silver button on the Height Adjustment Tube and inserting the tube into the socket of the Knee Platform. Tug on the tube to confirm that it is securely locked in.
- Position the Clamp so it aligns between the ends of the support tubes. You can use gentle pressure to move the Support Tubes while you rotate the Clamp into postion. Gently push the support tube ends and align all 4 holes, then insert the Clamp Bolt through the holes. Thread the nut onto the end of the bolt. Do not tighten completely yet.
- Insert the Thumb Screw into the slot on either side of the Handle. Align the hole in the top of the Thigh Support with the threaded end of the Thumb Screw. Thread the Thumb Screw into the nut located below the surface of the Thigh Support. As you tighten, insure that the interlocking teeth mesh correctly. Finish tightening the Thumb Screw by hand. Repeat on other side. Flex the Thigh Supports in and out to make sure they are secure.
- Align the hole in the Strap T Lock Buckle with the raised “T” lock on the Thigh Support. Pull back on the buckle to lock it in. Repeat for the other side of the strap. To remove the buckle, simply push forward on the buckle until it releases.
*The Gray buckle should be located on the outside of your leg. Crutches ship configured for right leg use. To change to left leg use, simply remove and reverse the straps, and rotate the foot 180 degrees. Note – If one of the 3 straps has white Velcro on its end, install this strap at the front of the Knee Platform.
To Check for Proper Fit:
When walking with iWALKFree, you should be able to swing your leg freely front to back without catching it on the ground. If you can't move it freely, then iWALKFree is too long, and needs to be readjusted
- Remove the 3 Straps; Loosen the Thumb Skrews so that Thigh Supports can rotate freely.
- Position the Foot for left or right leg use by pressing in the adjustment spring heads and rotating the Foot into position.
- Adjust the height of the lower crutch by aligning the bottomo of the "v" at the back of the Knee P:latform with a point 1-1.5" below the bottom of your kneecap. Make sure the adjustment spring heads are FULLY ENGAGED, then tighten the Clamp Nut and Bolt.
- Position the Thigh Supports as high as possible on your leg by pulling up or pushing down on the Handle while pressing the adjustment spring button
- Tilt the crutch slightly inward by pushing the handle toward your body centerline until both Foot Treads are contacting the ground.
- The Straps are composed of 2 sections. The side with the Black buckles is for length adjustment. The side with the Gray buckles is for final tensioning only (to put on and take off the crutch). Fully extend both sections of the Strap by lifting on the lip of the Tension Lock Buckles while pulling out on the T Lock Buckles. Repeat for all 3
- Install the 3 Straps onto the Crutch. Install the Black T Lock Buckles on the inner leg side of the crutch.
- Holding the Handle, kneel on the crutch. Drap the Strap over the back of your knee and install the Gray T Lock Buckle onto the Knee Platform.
- Slide the Knee Strap up or down so that it's tight against your lower thigh
- Slide the Comfort Pads so that they are centered on the back of your legs. You can tuck any excess Adjustment Strap underneath the logo section of the Pad.
- To remove the crutch, detension the strap by lifting the lip of the Gray Tension Lock buckle. Once tension is relieved, remove the Gray T Lock buckle. Repeat for the other two Straps
Walking with iWALKFree:
- Use either a handrail or parallel bars while becoming accustomed to the device
- Maintain a wide stance with legs apart while walking
- Maintain an erect posture and watch where you are going
iWALK Hands Free Features:
- iWALK2.0 features:
- Lateral offset self-stabilizing foot
- Replaceable rocker bottom treads
- Change for Left or Right leg in seconds without tools
- Soft fabric straps with comfort padding
- Quick release buckles for donning / doffing in seconds
- Intuitive strap adjustments
- Telescoping adjustment for upper and lower leg, quick and intuitive, requires no tools
- Front mounted handle makes learning easy, allows strap free use for short trips
- Rigid, independently adjustable Thigh Supports fit thigh circumference from 18" - 28"
- One size accommodates users 4'10" - 6'6" up to 275 lbs.
- Total weight under 5 pounds
- Easy vertical alignment allows tailoring fine tuning for different leg / body types
- Ergonomic knee platform contoured for greater comfort and control
- Easy to learn - competency in minutes without assistance
- All assembly and adjustments are tool free, quick and easy
- Professional fitting not required
- Economically priced
iWALKFree Hands Free Crutch Specifications:
- Height: 35"
- Knee Rest Height: Adjustable
- Adjustable Circumference of Thigh strap: 20" - 27"
- Adjustable Circumference of Knee Strap: 16" - 27"
- Adjustable Circumference of Calf Strap: 0 " - 21"
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Weight: 5.2 lbs
Important: Expedited shipping available. Please call for a shipping quote for all Next Day, 2nd Day, and 3-Day orders
iWALKFree is constructed of UV-resistant and hypoallergenic materials, and comprised of 4 simple parts:
- One stable beam with tread
- One supportive locking tray with strap
- Two comfortable padded straps with integral cam clips
Warranty Information: 1 year limited warranty
Returns: Due to the hygiene or rehabilitation nature of this product, it is non-returnable.
Please refer to ActiveForever's return policy for more detailed information.
Related Searches: I walk Free, Crutches, Hands-Free Crutch