The PedAlert Monitor is an innovative biofeedback device that alerts users before they exceed a weight threshold. Accurate and effective, the PedAlert monitors the amount of weight put on the lower limb and sounds an alert when the threshold is close. Designed to educate patients and encourage compliance, the monitor provides constant feedback during the patient's gait therapy and overall rehabilitation.
The PedAlert is suitable for those with weight-bearing limitations due to hip or knee fractures and replacements, foot ulcers, plantar faciitis and other conditions. After calibrating the device and setting the prescribed weight threshold users can rest assured that they will be in compliance with the guidelines of treatment. A sensor embedded in the gait monitor alerts users when they approach the threshold, as well as warning of disconnection and low battery power. This precise biofeedback allows users, physicians and physical therapist to more accurately track and analyze patient progress throughout physical rehabilitation.
The easy-to-use PedAlert Monitor rests on a cast shoe which the patient wears over their normal shoes, cast, or foot. The PedAlert model 100 monitors the entire foot while the 120 model can detect force applied to the heel and forefoot separately, as well as the entire foot. This more detailed feedback is ideal for patients with localized conditions and can aid weight-transfer and partial weight bearing training. If you want to remove the speculation from your therapy and recover more quickly, buy the PedAlert Monitor from ActiveForever.com today!
- Sensor constantly monitors applied weight
- Easy set up: Simply set the prescribed weight-bearing threshold
- Warning tone sounds when weight threshold is met or exceeded
- Enables patient to safely walk without furthering injury
- Great for aiding in physical therapy programs and gait training
PedAlert Monitor Specifications:
- PedAlert Model 100 & 120 Operator's Manual
- Cast boot dimensions: Large: 12" L x 5" W
- Monitor Size: 4"L x 2.5"W x 1"D
- Weight: 12oz. (with battery)
- Wearing Tone: 80+dB at 5 feet at 3.7KHz
- Power: Standard 9V Battery
- Battery Life: 6 months (under normal clinical operations)
- Cast Shoe: One size fits most adults
- Sole Thickness: 0.5"
- Cast Shoe Sensor System
- Electronics Module
- Connection Cable
- Carry/Storage Case
- 9V Battery
- Instruction Manual
- Model 100: monitors the force placed on the entire foot
- Model 120: independently monitors the forefoot and hindfoot, in addition to the entire foot
Instructions for Use:
- Place the cast shoe over the patient's foot, shoe or cast
- Use a floor scale to set the prescribed weight-bearing threshold
- As the patient walks, PedAlert monitors the weight placed on the foot
- A warning tone indicates that the prescribed weight threshold is exceeded
Warranty: 1 year warranty
Return policy: Due to hygiene purposes, this item is non-returnable.
Please refer to ActiveForever’s return policy for more detailed information.
Related Searches: ped alert, 100, 120, gait monitor