Overall rating:83% Write a Review
I have a permanently bad foot, and have been very happy with my TLC leg caddy, which is lighter, far easier to maneuver, and has great height adjustability. When my sister broke her foot, I convinced her to use a knee scooter instead of crutches, and talked her into this one because it seems far stabler than the other models, and she's a bit of a klutz. When she healed, she gave her scooter to me as a back-up, and I just used it today for the first time - I feel HORRIBLE for making her use it even once! It's far too heavy to get in and out of car for the person using it, the 'adjustable' height seems like it skips 10 inches - it was either about 5 inches too low or about 4 too high (or so it seemed, I haven't measured), which just destroyed my back (and my good foot, which ended up being on tip-toe for scooting about half the time when I chose to destroy my foot over my back), and it was impossible to maneuver. I used it at the grocery store, and had to go backwards several times for things like produce bags, and ran over my good foot every time. To turn around instead of scoot backwards, I had to have the entire isle clear. It almost doubled my time in the grocery store, which double sucks when you're 'lame' to begin with! When I shop with a knee scooter, I just put reusable bags on the handlebars, and with the weight of the groceries on the handlebars, I could barely use the stupid thing. To top it off, even though I think it's sturdier than the TLC, my sister managed to throw herself over the handlebars while going over a crack (which is just kinda a 'her' thing to do, but still), so it wasn't even worth that. I HATE THIS SCOOTER! If you're looking for one, get the TLC leg caddy instead - it's only slightly more expensive, but after just one trip I'll be selling the stupid thing, so it's not worth a dime!1/9/2013 7:28 AMWas this review helpful? Yes / No (0/0)
I RENTED THIS FROM A LOCAL HOSPITAL FOR 5 WEEKS AFTER FOOT RECONSTRUCTION....A REALLY GOOD AIDE & WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND ALL HOSPITALS TO PURCHASE & RENT OUT TO THIS TYPE OF PATIENT.1/9/2013 7:28 AM
Roger J.Was this review helpful? Yes / No (0/0)
The knee walker allowed me to return to work and my daily routine much faster than if I had to rely on crutches.1/9/2013 7:28 AMWas this review helpful? Yes / No (0/0)
gives me the ability to get around since I am non-weight bearing for 8 weeks1/9/2013 7:28 AMWas this review helpful? Yes / No (0/0)
does not show you how to fold the knee walker.1/9/2013 7:28 AMWas this review helpful? Yes / No (0/0)
I had surgery on my right foot. The recovery period was 6 weeks non weight bearing. And I will have to have the same surgery on my left foot next year. I bought this paticular knee walker for one reason only, because I could steer it left or right. My insurance company would pay up to 70% on a traditional knee walker and I would have to pay the other 30%. With a traditional knee walker you can push foward. But if you want to steer left or right you have to slightly pick it up and move it towards the direction you want to head towards. My husband and figured out it we would be better off buying this walker for both surgeries. I am a very active person between work and social events. Here are the pros: This walker is sturdy. It is a nice shade of red. The area where you place your knee is made of very firm foam and the vinyl covering the foam is of good quality. The brakes work well and also lock in place. The basket is sturdy, medium size and easy to get on/off. Folds up so it will fit in a large trunk or cargo hold. Here are the cons: My husband was constantly tighting the steering column. It weighs 24 pounds. My mother who is 69 was able to lift the knee walker but keep in mind she is in great shape. The tires seemed to wear quickly. One of the rollers wore the paint down on the frame, so when I was pushing myself around it would constantly squeek. I would recommend this walker because it enables you to work, socialize and provide you with a way to take care of your basic needs.1/9/2013 7:28 AMWas this review helpful? Yes / No (0/0)
Leverage our buying power. We serve GOV/EDU/MIL, employers, facilities & inventors.
Engage in our innovative medical & health care, sales, education & marketing programs.