Liquiguard Solid StepCote Non-Slip Coating
The Liquiguard Solid StepCote Non-Slip Coating is a surface coating that requires no mixing and provides UV protection. Providing unbeatable slip resistance and UV protection, Solid Stepcote uses of innovative nanotechnology materials to bond to the surface at a molecular level! Available in four unique formulas (01-04), there’s a perfect Liquiguard Solid StepCote Non-Slip Coating for nearly any need.
The Step 02 offers a rougher surface than Step 01 while still keeping some aesthetic quality of the floor. The Step Cote 02 is a great fit for any indoor, commercial or retail environment using VCT, concrete, ceramic tile or any other flooring where slip and fall protection and ease of cleaning are key concerns. Step Cote 02 uses a very fine industrial aggregate that is similar to 200 grit sandpaper that is nearly invisible to the eye, making it perfect for business that are concerned with floor aesthetics without disregard to floor safety.
The Solid Step 03 utilizes a coarser aggregate, similar to 100 grit sandpaper, to provide greater slip resistance while offering a less visible and easier to clean coating. Solid Step 03 is great for use in indoor and outdoor environments while still providing solid protection against slip and fall injuries. The Solid Step 04 is the most effective non-slip solution intended for more industrial indoor environments or outdoor environments where slip and falls due to rain water, puddling, pool water, or other wet conditions.
The Liquiguard Solid StepCote Non-Slip Coating has thousands of indoor and outdoor uses. It is the most advanced technology available for non-slip floor coatings. The StepCoat is an entirely green product, meaning it is water-based and a single component solution that dries crystal clear with a beautiful, anti-slip glossy finish. Buy your Liquiguard Solid StepCote Non-Slip Coating from ActiveForever.com today!
Step Cote Features:
- Exceeds OSHA/ADA standards
- Water based
- Non slip surface coating
- Protective sealer
- Single component
- Ready for use/No mixing required
- UV protection
Solid StepCote can be applied by foam brush, roller (1/8" nap) or low pressure airless spray equipment (HVLP spray systems and a 0.025 inch tip). A gallon of Solid Step Cote can provide protection over approximately 350 square feet depending on the texture and porosity of the surface.
How to apply SolidStepCote:
Please note: Once dry, these bubbles become permanent
Apply at first to a test area to be sure that the application is working properly and the results look correct.
- Stir fully/shake the SolidStepCote container thoroughly prior to use. If the base of the bottle shows a solid white film, the bottle must continue to be shaken until it appears the same soft, milk white as the sides of the bottle. This is an extremely important step as the non-slip aggregate which settles at the bottom must be evenly distributed throughout the solution to realize the maximum efficacy of the product.
- Once shaken, allow the product to settle for 10 minutes or so to allow the bubbles that have been created within the solution from the shaking to settle. If you see bubbling on the surface when applying, allow the solution to settle for more time until this dissipates and then continue to apply. If necessary, bubbles can be popped when the solution is wet by blowing on the surface or applying air pressure (i.e. Hair Dryer).
- The targeted surface should be free of dirt, debris and oil or grease prior to application. If applying in a tub or shower, clean the surface to be coated with water and standard cleaner to remove dirt, stains or soap scum as those stains will become trapped under the coating and residue will prevent effective bonding of the solution in the affected areas. Dry surface completely.
- Just before applying, give the bottle a final swirl to lightly remix the aggregate throughout the solution.
- Pour the product into a paint tray or directly on to the surface to be treated
- Roll/Apply the product evenly back and forth over the surface at a steady pace, making sure not to coat the product too heavily or apply too much pressure on the brush or roller. The back and forth motion of the roller will assist in preventing and/or eliminating any bubbles in the film that may form on the surface. SolidStepCote is a self-leveling product which will even out as it dries.
The coating goes on easily and dries to a clear, glossy finish. One coat should be sufficient for tubs and showers; while two is recommended for surfaces likely to encounter regular foot traffic. If a second coat is desired, allow the first coat to become fully dry to the touch. This typically takes 15-30 minutes.
The surface will be ready to receive regular foot traffic within 4-6 hours after final application. Allow 24-48 hours for a full cure before subjecting the surface to heavy abrasion. Do not apply at temperatures below 50° or above 90° F. When applying, avoid heavy buildup, puddling and overlapping.
IMPORTANT: We recommend a two-coat application to ensure good film strength and to prevent scratching, chipping or peeling, particularly in high traffic areas or surfaces that encounter intensive friction.
- Apply with a foam roller as it will encourage surface bubbling
- Apply with a paint brush as it will often create a streaking appearance on the surface
- Apply to surfaces that will be cleaned with a walk-behind motorized rotary cleaner
- Apply to surfaces that will be buffed with a Diamond Pad or other abrasive tools
Returns: Due to the hygiene or rehabilitation nature of this product, it is non-returnable.
Please refer to ActiveForevers return policy for more detailed information.
Related Searches: fall prevention, non-slip, Formula 01, formula 02, formula 03, formula 04