The first of its kind in the world, iWALKFree is a revolutionary hands-free crutch designed to meet the mobility needs of people with non-weight bearing lower leg injuries. iWALKFree is a potent alternative to traditional crutches, allowing its users self-sufficiency through the full use of their arms and hands and the opportunity to take an active part in their lives and their rehabilitation. The device supports the knee and upper leg using a universal, ambidextrous fastening system that allows for almost any adjustment for user height and leg size.
The Hands-Free Crutch has been designed to be comfortable, lightweight, and compact. It is easy to assemble and fully adjustable to meet the needs of adults and young people of varying height. It is strongly recommended that the device be adjusted by an accredited physiotherapist or orthopedic technologist prior to its initial use.
To assemble and fit iWALKFree:
- With the user seated with leg bent at a 90-degree angle, measure the distance from the back of knee to the ground of the unaffected limb. This determines the height for the top of the tray
- To attach the tray, unlock the front cam clip; disengage locking pin; slide tray onto the beam; lock pins; lock cam clip at the front of the tray
- To attach the straps*, unlock cam clip of lower strap; slide onto beam just above knee; lock cam clip; repeat with upper strap; slide onto beam just below groin; lock cam clip
- Install beam cap
*all straps can be flipped for right or left-handed use
To Check for Proper Fit:
When walking with iWALKFree, you should be able to swing your leg freely front to back without catching it on the ground. If you can't move it freely, then iWALKFree is too long, and needs to be readjusted
- Place knee of affected leg on tray; fasten tray strap to a snug, comfortable fit
- Fasten lower strap to a snug, comfortable fit around leg just above knee
- Fasten upper strap to a snug, comfortable fit around leg just below groin
Walking with iWALKFree:
- Use either a handrail or parallel bars while becoming accustomed to the device
- Maintain a wide stance with legs apart while walking
- Maintain an erect posture and watch where you are going
Important: To ensure proper fit, please fill out the iWALKFree Order Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 602-296-0297
iWALK Hands Free Features:
- Easy to assemble
- Free up your arms and hands for more important uses!
- Improved mobility
- Improved motor function
- Potential for reduction in muscle atrophy & muscle strength
- Improved ability to exercise
- Improved personal safety
iWALKFree Hands Free Crutch Specifications:
- Height: 35"
- Knee Rest Height: Adjustable
- Adjustable Circumference of Thigh strap: 20" - 27"
- Adjustable Circumference of Knee Strap: 16" - 27"
- Adjustable Circumference of Calf Strap: 0 " - 21"
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Weight: 5.2 lbs
Important: Expedited shipping costs may vary as this item is oversized. Please call for a shipping quote for all Next Day, 2nd Day, and 3-Day orders
iWALKFree is constructed of UV-resistant and hypoallergenic materials, and comprised of 4 simple parts:
- One stable beam with tread
- One supportive locking tray with strap
- Two comfortable padded straps with integral cam clips
Warranty Information: 1 year limited warranty
Returns: Due to the hygiene or rehabilitation nature of this product, it is non-returnable.
Please refer to ActiveForever's return policy for more detailed information.
Related Searches: I walk Free, Crutches, Hands-Free Crutch
Search items similar to the iWALKFree Hands Free Crutch