What is an Alternating Pressure Mattress Systems? It include a mattress made of numerous air cells, which are cyclically inflated and deflated in such a way that the inflated sacks cells support the patient and the deflated ones give pressure relief to prevent softening of the patient's skin. Control units linked to the mattress regulate the cycles of inflation and deflation. These systems are normally used in the care and management of patients at risk for, or who already have compromised skin surfaces, such as burn patients, patients at risk for developing decubitus ulcers.
1. Those confined to bed, chair, or wheelchair. Persons confined to beds, chairs, or wheelchairs who are unable to move themselves, can develop pressure-induced injuries in as little as 1-2 hours if the pressure is not relieved;
2. Inability to change positions without help. (Eg., an individual in a coma, who is paralyzed, or recovering from a hip fracture or other mobility limitation.)
3. Loss of bowel or bladder control. Sources of moisture on the skin from urine, stool, or perspiration can irritate the skin.
4. Poor nutrition and/or dehydration. Bed sores are more likely to form when the skin is not properly nourished.
5. Elderly people have thinner skin, which is more vulnerable to damage from minor pressure. If a very elderly individual is underweight (often the case), there will be less padding around their bones. Another common problem among very elderly patients is poor nutrition, which may affect skin and blood vessel quality, resulting in less effective healing.
These comfortable air support replacement mattress are designed to prevent the risk of bedsores. They are for hospitals, care facilities and home use. The Drive Med Aire Alternating Pressure Mattress System is a powered alternating pressure mattress replacement for hospital bed or home use, designed to aid in the prevention and treatment of Stage I to Stage IV pressure ulcers (bed sores). The Drive Med Aire Alternating Pressure Mattress System reduces interface pressure by alternately inflating and deflating 20 individual 8-inch air cell bladders every 10 minutes.
The microAIR True Low Air Loss Mattress Replacement with new improved compressor pumps out 1275 Liters Per minute to give the bed a firm, yet comfortable surface. The True Low Air Loss therapeutic support helps wick away moisture and maintain a temperate environment for the user. The mattress also features pulse and static treatments with true low air loss therapy for aid in eliminating all pressure sores. The dual quilted 1000 denier nylon cover with slip layer to protect against shear and friction. Prevent bed sores from forming on your patients.
The Invacare microAIR Alternating Pressure Mattress Overlay is a specially designed bed cushion that provides users with air pressure to help treat and prevent ulcers and bed sores. The control panel comes equipped with easy to use buttons that control the alarm silence, static/alternating pressure, power, lock, maximum inflation and firmness of the mattress.
Mattress toppers and overlays work to ensure that pressure points or bony prominences do not have constant pressure on them thereby lowering the risk of pressure sores.
The Invacare Gel Foam Mattress Overlay is a comfortable mattress cover that provides users with a therapeutic support surface. A special designed set of bladders run across the surface of the pad, each cell works independently to provide support and minimize pressure points. Enclosed in a resilient foam base, the Gel Foam Mattress Overlay offers users with constant comfort and helps reduce bed sores or pressure ulcers.
The Contour Cloud will comfortably align your head, neck and spine for proper sleeping posture. This in turn helps you to achieve a deep, relaxing, restorative level of sleep. The Contour Cloud features a patented triple-layered design that reduces painful pressure points, fatigue and muscle soreness. The Contour Cloud Memory Foam Mattress Topper works on top of any mattress and fits easily under sheets. It is great for futons, pullout beds, cots and camping.
Kolbs Gel Mattress Overlay is your first line of defense in preventing pressure sores. At the core of the Kolbs Gel Overlay is high quality gel, sealed in leak-proof bladders. This aqueous gel is designed to distribute weight uniformly allowing blood to flow freely, thereby reducing the occurrence of pressure sores. The gel bladders are encased in premium sculpted foam, offering supreme comfort.
Leverage our buying power. We serve GOV/EDU/MIL, employers, facilities & inventors.
Engage in our innovative medical & health care, sales, education & marketing programs.