The 3M Tegaderm Foam Adhesive Dressing is an efficient wound dressing that effectively handles low to high exuding wounds. The dressings are ideal for a variety of wounds like ulcers of different kinds including pressure, arterial, neuropathic, and venous leg ulcers, skin tears, abrasions, or superficial partial thickness burns. Since the dressing is conformable, it is also beneficial for hard to dress body contours like elbows, heels, ankles etc.
The dressings have a unique multi-layer design. The dressing layer that is in direct contact with the wound is made of a highly absorbent and breathable material. This layer absorbs the wound exudate and helps maintain an optimal moisture balance to support better wound healing. The absorbency adapts to all levels of wound exudate and facilitates moisture evaporation accordingly. This adaptability helps eliminate the risk of skin maceration and desiccation. This promotes maximum efficiency and longer wear time.
The foam adhesive layer of the dressing does not come in contact with the wound and hinder its healing. This adhesive layer creates a watertight seal once applied and prevents bacteria, viruses, and even fluids from entering the wound in any way. The seal also allows users to shower with the foam dressing on. The Tegaderm Foam Adhesive Dressings feature a spoke delivery system that includes paper carriers at the back of the dressing. These carriers keep the dressing flat and stable until it is applied. By preventing it from folding, the carriers or spokes allow easy single-handed application of the dressing.
Product Features and Benefits
- Minimizes the risk of maceration
- Can be worn for long periods of time
- Highly adhesive, remains securely in place
- Water resistant, protects from bacteria and viruses
- Spoke delivery system ensures ease of application
- Used on wounds with low to high amount of exudate
- Adhesive technology sticks to both dry and moist skin
- Manufacturer: 3M
- Sterility: Sterile
- Backing Type: Film Backing
- Type: Adhesive with Border
- Latex Free Indicator: Not Made From Natural Rubber Latex
- Model: 90610, 90611, 90612, 90613, 90614, 90615, 90616, 90619
Product Information and Documentation