The Posey Cufflator Pressure Monitor is an intuitive inflator that is used to quickly inflate and deflate endotracheal or tracheal cuffs of tracheal tubes. These cuffs help seal the tracheal walls preventing the air from leaking and thereby creating a positive pressure ventilation.
The Posey Cufflator is designed to eliminate the dependence on syringes, power, or other complicated procedures required to inflate cuffs and check their pressure. The inflator has an easy grip inflator bulb that quickly inflates or deflates the cuff and balances the cuff pressure. The air vents on the top are what transfer this air with a required pressure into the cuff. The clearly marked pressure gauge allows users to monitor the pressure range with ease. The pressure on this gauge is indicated in the measurements cm H2O.
The Posey Pressure Monitor helps maintain a balance of air pressure in the tracheal cuff to a point that is effective and does not cause any trauma to the patient. It can also be used to monitor the pressure in cuffs. The inflator can be attached to the tracheal tube and be left in place to track the pressure changes in the cuff.
Product Features and Benefits
- Can be left in place for steady monitoring
- Eliminates the need for syringes and electricity
- Gauge shows suggested pressure range in cm H2O
- Regulates endotracheal tubes of high volume and low pressure
- Air vents and inflator bulb quickly and easily adjust cuff pressure
- Manufacturer: Posey
- Use With: Endotracheal tube
- Application: Inflator and Monitor
- Model: 8199