The ConvaTec Natura Durahesive Extended Wear Skin Barriers are excellent skin-protection barriers specifically designed for patients with complex stomas, including retracted and flushed stomas. The barrier doesn't breakdown with complex liquid outputs. Instead, it swells up to fill the uneven gaps between the skin and the drainage pouch. This creates a secure seal around the stoma that provides effective protection to the peristomal skin and also prevents leakage of the stoma output.
These barriers are equipped with a plastic coupling ring that provides a hassle-free attachment of the skin barrier with the pouch. It audibly clicks when it snapped in to assure the user of a secure attachment. The attachment with this snap-on and off design also allows for quick replacement of the drainage pouches without removing the complete barrier from the skin.
The ConvaTec Natura Skin Barrier is primarily designed to protect patients with colostomies, ileostomies, or urostomy surgeries from the liquid output from respective stomas. These skin barriers are very flexible and accommodate user movements which makes them suitable to be worn during a number of activities like walking, swimming etc. These barriers offer an extended wear-time which makes it an excellent choice for patients who are traveling or require overnight leakage protection.
The skin barriers are available as custom-fit barriers with different flange and opening sizes to provide complete and effective protection to all kinds of retracted or flushed stomas.
Product Features and Benefits
- Skin barrier technology protects from fluid output
- Audible coupling rings confirm secure connection
- Easy to use, requires no cutting or measurements
- Mouldable design allows for added skin protection
- Ideal for individuals with flushed or retracted stoma
- Designed for those whose stoma output is mostly fluid
- Manufacturer: ConvaTec
- Barrier Material: Hydrocolloid
- Barrier Type: Flexible, Moldable
- Flange: 1-¾ Inch, 2-¼ Inch, 2-¾ Inch
- Model: 411800, 411802, 411804, 411806