The Sur-Fit Moldable Skin Barrier is an efficient barrier that helps prevent rashes, irritation, and discomfort due to liquid discharge from the stoma. It also prevents inflammation in the peristomal areas and protects the stoma, which extends wear time. It does not breakdown even with exposure to high volumes of liquid. This skin barrier has a convex shape and is incredibly flexible to conform to the shape of the stoma and the natural contours of the user’s body to provide a perfect fit. This makes the barrier compatible with a vast variety of stomas that are different sizes.
The ConvaTec Convex Durahesive Barrier is equipped with a flange that leaves some space to place the fingers in while attaching the pouch. This makes the pouch application more comfortable and easy. The barrier is also equipped with a plastic coupling ring that audibly snaps into place while securing the pouch to indicate the user about the successful attachment. It secures the pouch well and also extends its wear time.
The skin barrier is Durahesive and also features a layer that swells up as it is exposed to the liquid coming from the stoma. This provides enhanced protection for the stoma and the peristomal area by completely covering up all gaps and eliminating the exposure of the skin and the stoma to liquids. This is one of the primary reasons why the Durahesive Convex Skin Barrier is also ideal for people with retracted or flushed stomas. The barrier is latex-free and also suitable for people with latex allergies.
Not what you are looking for? Check out our Hollister AC Skin Barrier and our Skin Barriers Page for more product options.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Easily locks into place with a snap
- For people with retracted or flushed stoma
- No scissor cutting or measurements required
- Flange makes pouch application more comfortable
- Barrier ideal for those people whose stoma output is liquid
- Coupling ring allows pouch and skin barrier to snap together
- Manufacturer: ConvaTec
- Barrier Material: Hydrocolloid
- Flange Dimensions: 1-¾ Inch, 2-¼ Inch
- Mold to Fit: ½ Inch to ⅞ Inch, ⅞ Inch to 1-¼ Inch, 1-¼ Inch to 1-¾ Inch
- Product Numbers: 404592,404593, 404594