The Farrell Valve Bag Pressure Relief System is a fully-closed decompression system used to provide gastric pressure relief to enteral feeding patients. It works by draining or collecting the enteral feeding formula and gastrointestinal tract contents in the bags attached. These multi-functional and durable bags have been vented to allow gas to escape while also working as a container to retain excess formula in a closed system. It also maximizes enteral feeding by providing a channel for the open-air valve system to constantly decompress the stomach and also allows users to consume their formula at a pace they are comfortable with.
Enteral patients with poor gastric motility, pain, and bloating will find the gastric pressure relief device incredibly beneficial. These conditions can cause a lot of discomfort and pain during a feeding session and can also increase the risk of aspiration pneumonia. The relief device system is also helpful in decreasing pressure on recent fundoplications, also known as anti-reflux surgeries, and other surgical procedures.
Its ergonomic design also helps users reach their caloric goals and reduce complications related to fluid and gas retention during parenteral nutrition. The system is latex-free and hence suitable to be used by people with latex allergies.
Product Features and Benefits
- Reduces the threat of pulmonary aspiration
- For patients with poor gastric motility and pain
- Decreases the pain and discomfort of the patient
- Helps reach caloric goals and eliminates complications
- Enteral feeding can be maximized to reduce the need for TPN
- Overflow reservoir allows patient to digest formula at their own rate
- Manufacturer: Corpak
- Use With: All enteral feeding devices
- Volume: 9.6 milliliters, 105 milliliters
- Brand: Corpak
- Model: 204100, 204200