The Covidien 89671 2-Gallon Red Sharpsafety Sharps Container is a disposal container designed for used and harmful sharps including catheters, needles, or any-pointed tools and medical instruments that could harm someone. It is made with a durable red-colored plastic material that is resistant to wear and tear. The red color of the container allows users to locate it more easily.
The Covidien 2-Gallon Sharps Container has a translucent red base that allows users to easily monitor the volume of the container that is being filled by the disposed of content without having to open the lid. To protect the contents from the accidental spill, the sharps container features a locking-lid that restricts access to the disposed of contents. The locking lid also promotes a safe transportation of the container for final disposal.
The container has a maximum volume capacity of two gallons or about eight-liters, that makes it suitable for use in places like hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing care centers etc.
The Sharps Container can be placed either freely standing over a desk, the floors etc. or mounted on the wall of the facility. The container has a horizontal shaped entry slot that helps minimize the exposure to the sharps inside and also eliminate the risks involved with vertical sharps disposal. The opening slot also has an anti-spill inner flap that prevents the kickback of the sharps during disposal.
Product Features and Benefits
- Place on countertop or mount on wall
- Translucent red base to measure fill volume
- Can accommodate large amounts of sharps
- Nestable container saves significant storage space
- Comes with container lock required for final disposal
- Large horizontal opening allows one handed disposal
- Manufacturer: Covidien
- Capacity: 2 Gallon (7.6 liters)
- Locking Type: Locking Lid
- Dimensions: 10 Inch (Height) x 10.5 Inch (Length) x 7.25 Inch (Breadth)
- Model: 89671