The Argyle Suction Catheter With Chimney Valve is an intuitive catheter kit that is used to administer a quick suction procedure to draw out the secretions from a patient’s tracheostomy tube. It is ideal to clear a patient’s throat and airways of mucus and provide quick relief.
The Argyle Catheter Kit consists of a tray that is used to collect the secretions from the tracheostomy tube. The tray has graduated readings marked on it to help caregivers and professionals keep track of the amount of secretions that are drawn out in each session. It also includes a catheter that is inserted inside the patient to draw the fluids out. The catheter has an ergonomic chimney valve which eliminates the possibility of residual matter getting drawn into the tube. This is accompanied by an easy-to-use thumb control valve that is used to regulate the flow of fluid. Both of these features allow for easier control, a high airflow, and an efficient suctioning to the patient. The kit also includes a pair of latex-free and powder-free gloves to help maintain the sterility of the equipment during use.
To reduce patient trauma, the suction catheter has a low drag surface that facilitates easier insertion. The eyelets of the catheter too are placed in a staggered position to reduce the strain of suction exerted on the tracheal tissues. The Covidien Argyle Catheters are available in different sizes to suit individual needs and accommodate for different tracheal sizes for a comfortable suctioning.
Product Features and Benefits
- Pediatric tip helps minimize trauma
- Sterile and latex free kit for single use
- Simple insertion into endotracheal tubes
- Facilitates high airflow and well organized suction
- Tube is made of PVC tube with a polyethylene connector
- Reduces possibility of suction blockage due to residual matter
- Manufacturer: Covidien
- Catheter Tip: DeLee Tip
- Two Gloves: Powder Free
- Catheter Size: 8 French, 10 French, 12 French, 14 French, 16 French, 18 French
- Model: 36826, 37024, 37224, 37424, 37524, 37724