The Curity Abdominal Pads are highly absorbent gauze sponges ideal for exudating wound care. The sponges are mostly used as a primary dressing for exudating wounds. However, they are also suitable to be used as secondary dressings to provide extra absorbency and some cushioning to heavily exudating wounds. The gauze sponges are also helpful to be used for padding pressure points to reduce bleeding. The gauze sponges are available in both sterile and non sterile options and can be used for a variety of applications.
The Covidien Abdominal Pads ABD are constructed with an incredibly soft non-woven topsheet that is extremely gentle on the user’s skin. The soft texture allows patients to comfortably wear the gauze for extended periods of time. The core of the Abdominal Pads is filled with fluff to ensure maximum and efficient absorbency of wound exudate. The wet-proof barrier of the sponge prevents leakage of the exudate out to the skin or clothes. To eliminate the risk of infection and prevent residual leakage from the sides, all the four edges of the Abdominal Pads ABD are sealed to prevent linting.
The Abdominal Pads are available in a wide range of sizes to provide a precise fit for different wound sizes and applications. Both the sterile and non-sterile are wrapped individually. It is recommended to use the pads once for a single patient only to avoid cross contamination.
Product Features and Benefits
- Can be used for multiple applications
- Comes with padding for pressure points
- Both layers for heavily exudating wounds
- Perfect for maximum absorbency and comfort
- Available in both sterile and non sterile options
- Four sealed edges prevents leaks and lint residue
- Manufacturer: Covidien
- Material: Non Woven / Fluff
- Sterility: Sterile, Non Sterile
- Dimensions: 12 Inch x 16 Inch, 5 Inch x 9 Inch, 7-½ Inch x 8 Inch, 8 Inch x 10 Inch
- Model: 30066, 6196D, 6197D, 6198D, 7196D, 7197D, 7178D