The Covidien Shiley Cuffless Tracheostomy Tube comes with a translucent inner cannula integrated with a green colored fifteen-millimeter twist-lock connector to attach ancillary equipment. The twist-lock connector is covered with a white colored fifteen-millimeter cap to maintain a low-profile and reduce the bulk around the stoma. The inner cannula is translucent for easy visual inspection and monitoring. The tube has a swivel neck flange that assists in safely positioning the trach tube in place while the patient is moving.
The Shiley Fenestrated Tracheostomy Tube is designed to allow the patient to breathe normally through the upper airway when used in conjunction with the decannulation plug or DCP.
The Shiley Cuffless Tracheostomy Tube is designed for adult patients who need tracheostomy tubes for general pulmonary hygiene or who experience spontaneous breathing under artificial ventilation. It also helps in coughing out the secretions through the upper airways which enhances the efficiency of the tracheostomy process. It is designed in different sizes with different inner and outer diameters to meet individual fitting needs. Each tube comes with its own obdurate that acts as a guide for the outer cannula during the insertion. The obdurate has a smooth and rounded-tip to ease the insertion and removal of the tube and reduce trauma.
Visit our Tracheostomy Care page and the Dale Disposable Trachea Tube Holder for more product options.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Minimizes the risk of tracheal damage
- Latex-free, sterile and packed individually
- Specially designed for pulmonary hygiene
- Low profile inner cannula reduces tube profile
- Smooth, rounded tip obturator for easy insertion
- Fenestrated Inner cannula allows user to speak or wean
- Manufacturer: Medtronic, formerly Covidien
- Securing Method: Uncuffed
- Style: Fenestrated
- User: Adult
- Product Number: 4CFN, 6CFN, 8CFN