The DeVilbiss Pulmo-Aide Compressor Nebulizer System by DeVilbiss is a tried and true aerosol treatment system. In fact, the Pulmo-Aide has been delivering effective aerosol treatments to patients suffering from respiratory conditions for more than 30 years. The 30 psig pressure created turns the liquid medication to a high-quality mist to administer the medication faster and with little waste. The Pulmo-Aide is the only nebulizer compressor approved for the use with tobramycin solution for inhalation (TOBI), prescribed to individuals with cystic fibrosis to stop bacterial growth.
Breathing treatments using compressor nebulizers are used regularly at home or in a nursing facility. For many people, daily treatments are needed and therefore it's important to have a compressor nebulizer that's durable and dependable. The Pulmo-Aide's compressor has an average lifespan of 10 years - considered the longest life on the market. Its longevity has to do with its durable metal frame construction and four-pole motor design. DeVilbiss also gives the unit a 5-year limited warranty.
The VixOne Disposable Nebulizer (3655D-621) comes standard with the system that provides a high-capacity 10 mL medication bowl. You can also purchase the reusable nebulizer (900D-610) and wash it after use and store it in the cabinet's built-in compartment along with tubing and filters. Make sure to purchase additional DeVilbiss Air Inlet filters compatible with the Pulmo-Aide since it's recommended to change every six months or as needed to keep the nebulizer working properly.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
- Unplug device and wipe down with a damp cloth. Never submerge in water.
- Clean all nebulizer parts except for the tubing in hot water and mild dish washing detergent solution.
- Rinse all parts in hot water to remove any residue.
- Parts must be air dried and not towel dried to avoid risk of contamination.
Features and Benefits:
- Instructional DVD included
- Built-in storage compartment for nebulizer and tubing
- Easy to use
- No tool required to replace filter
- Kink-resistant tubing
- Leader in quality and performance
- Compressor lifespan of 10 years
- Built-in nebulizer holder
- Manufacturer: DeVilbiss/Drive Medical
- Product Numbers: 5650D
- Weight: 7.1 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 W x 10.5 H x 10.1 D inches
- Electrical Requirements: 1.3 amps, 115 VAC 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 90 watts max.
- Sound Level: 51-55 dBA
- Max Compressor Pressure: 30 psig
- Operating Humidity: up to 95% non-condensing
- Operating Temperature Range: 40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Nebulizer Capacity: 10 mL
- Nebulizer Rate: 0.15 mL/min or greater
- Nebulizer MMAD: 5 microns or less
- Warranty: 5 year limited
- Latex-Free: Yes
- Tubing Size: 7 inch flexhose, kink-resistant
- Application: Compressor nebulizer for breathing treatments
Manuals and Documents
- Brochure for Pulmo-Aide Compressor Nebulizer System