The Drive Medical Bariatric Transfer Board is an ergonomic transfer safety accessory that is primarily used to aid the safe transfer of bariatric patients from one point to another. It is an ideal aid for people with limited mobility, especially those confined to a wheelchair, due to injuries, surgeries or disabilities.
The Wooden Transfer Board has a tough Baltic Birch construction that ensures its strength and durability. The wooden construction makes it strong enough to support a weight of up to six hundred pounds or two hundred and seventy two kilograms making it ideal for bariatric patients. The four corners of the board are slightly beveled to make sure the user or caregiver is not harmed by a sharp edge. The flat ends are tapered too for the same reason. The board is also designed with and holes that aid in the easy maneuverability of the patients. Users can use them as support during the transfer. A clear lacquer finish gives the board an attractive and less clinical look.
To use the transfer board for the transfer, the user or caregiver simply has to place a third of the board one the transfer point they are on and another third of it on the other point. The rest of the board covers the space between the two. Once placed, the user can conveniently slide over to the other point. It is recommended to keep the wheelchair in a diagonal position when transferring to or from it.
Visit our Mobility page and the DMI Bariatric Transfer Board for more product options.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Each end is slightly beveled
- Made of sturdy Baltic Birch wood
- Cut out handles for ease of handling
- Portable, durable, lightweight with rounded corners
- Lacquer finish makes board non slippery and smooth
- Easy solution to transfer anyone between beds and chairs
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Material: Baltic Birch Wood
- Weight Capacity: 600 lbs. (272 kilograms)
- Dimensions: 1 Inch (Height) x 9.5 Inch (Width) x 35 Inch (Length)
- Product Number: RTL7047