The Drive Gel “E” 3” Inch Wheelchair Cushion with Gel Bladder is incredibly beneficial for patients in wheelchairs, especially if they are prone to developing pressure ulcers. It features a unique gel bladder in the middle that helps reduce and redistribute the pressure exerted by the seat on the user’s skin. This makes the cushion ideal for those prone to pressure ulcers as it helps reduce the risk of, as well as treating existing pressure ulcers.
The gel bladder is enveloped by a high-density polyurethane foam that easily conforms to accommodate the user’s natural body contours and ensure maximum comfort. The high-density foam core is made fire retardant for additional safety. The foam is covered with a dual layer cover. The top layer of the cover is made of urethane-coated nylon that is water resistant and protects the cushion from sweat or other liquids. The nylon is also vapor permeable for breathability which prevents discomfort due to buildup of heat. The bottom layer of the cover is made of non-slip vinyl that ensures the cushion’s stability and prevents it from slipping off during use. All these properties of the cushion make it incredibly durable and suitable for extended use.
The cover of the Gel “E” 3” Cushion with Gel Bladder can be easily removed for cleaning in order to maintain the hygiene of the cushion. It can also be replaced if required. The wheelchair cushion is available in a variety of sizes to provide a precise fit for a range of wheelchairs and suit individual needs.
Product Features and Benefits
- Cushion cover is removable and replaceable
- Cover has water resistant top and non-slip base
- Cushion ideal to treat, prevent and manage pressure ulcers
- Gel bladder is placed in fire retardant polyurethane foam shell
- Viscous gel bladder reduces pressure on posterior for maximum comfort
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Cover Bottom Layer Material: Waterproof Vinyl
- Cover Top Layer Material: Fluid Resistant Nylon
- Weight Capacity: 275 lbs. (14878, 14886, 14891, 14894), 500 lbs. (14902, 14903)
- Model: 14878, 14886, 14891, 14894, 14902, 14903
Product Information and Documents