The Gravity 8 Long Term Care Pressure Redistribution Mattress is an advanced therapeutic mattress designed with a comfortable heel section. The mattress has three layers of foam that is made from high quality materials. This helps create different zones for pressure redistribution which helps in the treatment and prevention of pressure ulcers. The memory foam comfortably conforms to the contours of the user’s body.
The mattress has a heel slope section that reduces the pressure on the vulnerable heels and calf muscles. The top layer of the mattress also has a central zone with a channel cut design under the foot section of the mattress. This along with the heel slope maximizes patient comfort and prevents heel pressure ulcers. The heel slope declines from six inches to five inches in height. The bottom layer of the mattress has full length, horizontally scored, articulation cuts that ensure the durability of the mattress and prevent it from slipping.
The Gravity 8 Pressure Redistribution Mattress is designed for patients on long term care who are prone to pressure ulcers. The mattress is highly durable and has a maximum weight capacity of three hundred and fifty pounds or one hundred and fifty eight kilograms. The mattress is protected by a nylon cover that is water resistant, tear resistant, fire retardant, and has low shear and is machine washable. The mattress comes in different options which include elevated perimeters for added safety.
Not quite what you were looking for? Visit our Mattress page and the Drive Low Air Loss Mattress System for more product options.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Sloped heel section with channel cut foam
- Available in options with and without raised side rails
- Three full layers of latex free foam provide added comfort
- Reduces friction/shear and provides proper pressure redistribution
- High density foam edge ensures security and facilitates patient transfers
- Cover is removable, vapor permeable and water resistant
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Layers of Foam: 3
- Dedicated Heel Section: Yes
- Fire Rating: CFR 16 Part 1633
- Weight Capacity: 400 lbs. (181 kilograms)
- Product Number: 15870, 15884, 15885, 15886, 15888