The Drive Medical Gel Foam Mattress Overlay features fifteen gel-bladders that entirely cover the patient’s contact area and help support the healing of pressure wounds such as ulcers. These gel bladders are filled with an aqueous non-toxic gel and polystyrene beads that prevent the migration of gel to other areas.
The Gel Foam Mattress is a well optimized pressure redistributing mattress that helps in treating pressure wounds while enhancing the comfort and quality of sleep. It is also beneficial to be used by patients with joint or muscular discomfort.
The gel overlay construction of the mattress is designed to be full-length to cover the patient from head to toe. This design also helps minimize the chances of the patient sinking to the bottom of the bed and reduces the formation of pits due to pressure. It comes with a new and improved convoluted foam-topper that facilitates the circulation of air through the entire mattress and enhances the level of comfort. It has four elastic corner straps to help secure the mattress on the bed frame. The urethane coated nylon cover of the mattress is water-resistant and is breathable to prevent the build-up of heat. The base of the mattress is made of a vinyl material that makes it waterproof from the bottom and also safe from stains. The combination of the base and the cover help users keep the mattress clean and maintain its hygiene.
The Gel Overlay Mattress is available in two different options which include a regular gel-overlay mattress and a bariatric gel-overlay mattress.
Not what you were looking for? Check out the Deluxe Bariatric Gel Foam Cushion by Posey and our Independent Living page for more product options.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Waterproof and stain resistant vinyl base
- Four elastic corner straps to hold mattress overlay
- Helps in prevention and treatment of pressure sores
- Ideal for those who remain in bed for longer period of time
- Water resistant and vapor permeable urethane coated nylon cover
- Contain non-toxic gel and polystyrene beads to decrease gel migration
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs (14893), 500 lbs (14901)
- Dimensions (14893): 76 Inch (Length) x 34 Inch (Width) x 3.5 Inch (Height)
- Dimensions (14901): 76 Inch (Length) x 42 Inch (Width) X 3 Inch (Height)
- Product Number: 14893, 14901
Manuals and Documents