The HealWell AFO Night Wrap is designed to be used in a manner similar to night splints, but without the bulk. The amount of ankle dorsiflexion is determined by a velcro straps that go around the top of the arch to connect above the ankle. As with night splints, it improves calf muscle flexibility if used during the evening. It can also be used during sleep to prevent night-time contracture of the calf muscle so that the first few steps in the morning are not painful. If the pain with the first few steps in the morning is no longer present, then it is a good indication that the morning re-injury process has stopped and the heel will then have time to heal.
The breathable, lightweight material is comfortable for nighttime wear with smooth Lycra lining. Dual tension straps provide countervailing tension to hold the foot in position and prevent plantar flexion. A rigid stay on the plantar surface functions as a lever to maintain foot position. Also features a non-slip pad. The slim, low profile design has less bulk so is easy to sleep in. Fits right or left foot. This product is made by the same high-quality manufacturer as the HealWell night splint.
- Soft laminated foam is breathable and lightweight for comfortable nighttime wear
- Slim, low profile is easy to sleep in
- Non-slip pad on bottom provides safe occasional walking
- Dual tension straps provide countervailing tension to help hold the foot in position and prevent plantar flexion
- Straps criss-cross for less bulk
- Tension straps work with a low profile, rigid stay on the plantar surface, functioning as a lever to maintain foot position and to provide plantar surface support
- Compression-formed back hold the wrap in place and conforms around the ankle and heel for improved foot positioning
- Fits right or left ankle
HealWell AFO Night Wrap Specifications:
Returns: Due to the hygiene or rehabilitation nature of this product, it is non-returnable. Please refer to ActiveForever's return policy for more detailed information.
Related Searches: ankle-foot orthosis, Plantar Fasciitis, spurs, orthotic, 58-6006, 58-6004, heal-well, heelwell, heel well