The Hollister New Image Flextend Extended Wear Skin Barrier is an ergonomic skin barrier designed to be used for extended periods of time. It is incredibly durable and designed to withstand user movements which help it stay securely in the same position for a long time.
Ostomy discharge may cause discomfort or irritation to the skin. The barrier protects the user’s skin from this discharge. The Flextend Barrier is incredibly secure and ideal for urostomies or ileostomies. It features a locking system that audibly clicks while it fits into place. The barrier is also designed to be compatible with drainable or closed collection pouches. A floating flange secures the drainage collection pouch to facilitate efficient collection. Since the flange is floating, there is a little space between the flange and the barrier. So when attaching the pouch, the user has some space to place the finger in and conveniently attach the pouch. This space reduces the pressure exerted on the sensitive postoperative abdomen of the user and protects the integrity of the newly inserted stoma.
The Hollister Extended Wear is a skin barrier that is already cut for convenience and to ensure that it provides a perfect fit. The barrier is not made of natural rubber latex which makes it suitable for people with latex allergies. It is color coded for ease of reference.
Product Features and Benefits
- Not made from natural rubber latex
- Protects the skin from irritating discharge
- Designed to be used for longer period of time
- Use with drainable, closed, or urostomy pouches
- Comes with a cut to fit or pre-sized skin barrier options
- Features a locking system that audibly clicks when fitting into place
- Manufacturer: Hollister
- Adhesive Type: Tape
- Color: Green, Red, Blue, Yellow
- Cut up to: 1-¼ Inch, 1-¾ Inch, 2-¼ Inch, 3-½ Inch
- Flange Size: 1-¾ Inch, 2-¼ Inch, 2-¾ Inch, 4 Inch
- Model: 14602, 14603, 14604, 14606