The Hydrofera Blue Antibacterial Classic Foam Dressing is a highly absorbent and moist wound dressing made of two organic pigments, methylene blue, and gentian violet, in open-celled polyvinyl alcohol (PVA). The use of open-celled polyvinyl alcohol gives the dressing a micro-pore foam structure which provides better fluid retention and also sweeps extra moisture away. It also protects the wound from a broad range of bacteria like E. coli, MRSA, VRE, and other harmful endotoxins.
The Hydrofera Foam Dressing also aids in the healing of deep and chronic wounds through autolytic debridement, in which the body liquifies necrotic or dead tissue to heal a wound. It is also compatible with enzyme debriders to facilitate further processes of debridement. It also helps in flattening epibole edges which are rolls or curls under closed wound edges that may dry and become hard-skinned with time.
People with pressure ulcers, arterial ulcers or superficial burns will benefit from the dressing. It is also ideal for the care of post-surgical incisions, trauma wounds, abrasions, and lacerations. These dressings are non-toxic to healthy living cells. They are available in three different styles as square pads, tunnel dressings, and ostomy rings to accommodate individual needs. It is important to note that this dressing requires hydration before being applied to the wounds.
Product Features and Benefits
- Safe and viable moist wound dressing
- Can be used with enzymatic debriders
- Provides fast wicking exudate retention
- Non cytotoxic and sterile foam dressing
- Help maintains moist wound environment
- Antibacterial protection against broad spectrum of pathogens
- Manufacturer: Hollister
- Backing Type: Without Film
- Type: Non-Adhesive without Border
- Material: Polyurethane Foam / Methylene Blue / Gentian Violet
- Model: HB2214, HB4414, HB6614, HBHD4450, HBHD6675, HBRF2650, HBRF4414, HBRF4475, HBRS8820, HBT0906, PI01Y00
Product Information and Documents