The Surgilube Gel is a water-soluble and non-staining lubricant jelly which can be used for various applications such as insertions of catheters or any other surgical instruments, for personal use at home or to lubricate exam gloves. The lubricant provides instant action because of the blend of water-soluble gums in it which also makes it easy to clean after the procedure is completed.
The gel is proven to be safe and effective for colonoscopies, enema insertions, gynecological procedures, general surgical procedures, and sexual activities.
The Fougera Surgilube Gel is free of glycerin and latex and hence is safe for people allergic to them. The gel does not exert any strain to the skin and hence eliminates the possibility of irritation in the mucus membranes, skin, or tissues. The gel is formulated to be a reliable and sterile lubricant to be used with surgical instruments or other medical supplies. It ensures that these instruments remain clean and safe by inhibiting the growth of any bacteria on them.
The Surgilube comes in three different types of packaging. One packaging includes a screw cap that the user will have to screw or unscrew for convenient opening and closing. Another packing type includes a flip-top cap that allows users to easily open the cap by flipping it with a single hand. In the third type of packing, the lubricant is contained in a small packet (also known as the foilpac) for single use only to avoid the risk of cross-contamination.
Product Features and Benefits
- Water soluble lubricant easy to wash off
- Safe to use with any enema nozzle and colon tube
- Contains chlorhexidine gluconate and bacteriostatic
- Ideal for surgical instruments made of rubber or plastic
- Not irritating to the skin, mucous membranes and tissues
- Manufacturer: HR Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Application Type: Lubricating jelly
- Quantities: 2 ounce (57 gram) tube, 4.25 ounce (119 gram) tube, 3 gram foilpac, 5 gram foilpac, 5 gram tube
- Model: 281020502, 281020512, 281020536, 281020537, 281020543, 281020545, 281020555