This Cidex 20390 OPA Solution is a premium quality fast-acting disinfectant formulated for the reprocessing of medical instruments. The solution is ready to use and requires absolutely no activation or mixing to bring it into action. This helps reduces the risk of inaccurate disinfection due to errors in mixing or activation. Unlike other disinfectants, this solution is glutaraldehyde-free. Glutaraldehyde can often cause irritations to the skin and eyes and also has a strong and pungent odor. The Cidex OPA Solution eliminates these issues by not using glutaraldehyde as an ingredient.
A major advantage of the Cidex Solution is that it is fast acting. The solution delivers a high-level of disinfection within twelve minutes during a manual reprocessing at twenty degree Celsius and just within five minutes of an automated reprocessing at room temperature. It is incredibly efficient and disinfects a large spectrum of bacteria, viruses, and all fungi.
The OPA Solution is formulated to be non-sensitizing and non-irritating for the human skin making the instruments safe for use after reprocessing. The solution is also made to be environment friendly and can be disposed into drains. It is also gentle on instruments made of any medical grade materials like aluminum, rubber, steel etc. To test the efficiency of the disinfectant, the users can also purchase test strips separately to ensure that the instruments are disinfected correctly.
Product Features and Benefits
- Easy to use, no activation or mixing needed
- Test strips measures minimum effective concentration
- Can be used in both automatic and manual reprocessing
- Test strips specially designed for use with Cidex OPA solution
- Achieves high level of disinfection in five minutes at 20 degree Celsius
- Compatible with extensive variety of endoscopes and other medical devices
- Manufacturer: Johnson & Johnson
- Test Strip Usage: Single use
- Usage: Max. 14 day reuse
- Glutaraldehyde Free: Yes
- Liquid Jug Volume: 1 gallon
- Test Strip Volume: 60
- Model: 20390, 20392