The Kangaroo Joey Feeding Pump is a compact and smart enteral feeding device that functions as both a feeder or a flusher whenever required. The pump is lightweight and portable and its smooth functioning is not affected by any external factors. Hence, it is ideal to be used in hospitals, at home, or even while moving in a car or an ambulance.
The Joey Feeding Pump is an intuitive device that can be custom programmed to adapt to the patient’s feeding needs. The pump uses a Magnetic Intelligent Set Type Identification Connector that is easily able to identify the type of pump set that is attached to it. After identification, the device displays programming instructions specific to the pump set attached. With a 72 hour memory bank, the Kangaroo Joey Enteral Feeding Device can store your custom feeding programs indefinitely for future use and reference. The lock-out feature allows you to lock your program settings to prevent purposeful or accidental tampering in dosage. The most sought after feature of the pump is that it can be programmed for continuous or intermittent feeding. When set to intermittent feeding, the pump periodically delivers nutrition or medication to the patient as programmed. For added convenience, the program settings of the Covidien Joey Pump are available in 15 different languages.
The Covidien Kangaroo Pump has a rubber overmold that makes it shock resistant and incredibly durable. The overmold also sound proofs the pump and keeps the noise produced by it to an absolute minimum. The pump is also completely waterproof that makes it easy to clean between use. This makes the Kangaroo Joey perfect when professional medical supplies are needed in the home.
Product Features and Benefits
- Retains feeding history up to 72 hours
- Fully Portable device for feeding and flushing
- High waterproof rating makes it easy to clean
- Lightweight and smallest enteral feeding pump ever
- Ideal for use at home or in ambulatory care for all ages
- The power source allows user to easily plug and unplug it
- Safety features include alarms, volumetric delivery and lockout
- Manufacture: Covidien
- Multilingual: 17 languages
- Battery Life: 18 hours at 125 ml/hr
- Operating Range: 1-400 ml/hr in 1 ml increments
- Volume to be Delivered: 1-3000 ml in 1 ml/hr increments
- Model Number: 383400