Medline BioCon 500 Ultrasound Bladder Scanner
Determining Bladder volume is a necessary measurement in patients with suspected urinary retention. Typically determined by the insertion of a catheter, this data is important for the diagnosis of Post Voidal Residue (PVR).
A non-invasive method for determining bladder emptying is the use of a portable, ultrasound device, called a bladder scanner. The device allows nurses to easily evaluate bladder function at the bedside without the need for a catheter. The Medline BioCon 500 Ultrasound Bladder Scanner can calculate bladder volume in seconds, giving doctors, nurses and clinicians a quick, safe and non-invasive way to conduct incontinence assessments.
This method of determining urine retention allows the caregiver to reduce the amount of catheter administrations, and lessen the risk of urinary tract infection that can occur. Catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI) are one of the leading causes of institutionally acquired infections and can be avoided with the use of the remarkable Medline BioCon 500 Ultrasound Bladder Scanner. The Medline BioMed Ultrasound Bladder Scanner with mobile stand and basket adds to the portability and ease of use, buy yours from ActiveForever.com today!
Medline BioCon 500 Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Features:
- Unlike traditional ultrasound, the BioCon-500 requires little training
- Patented “pre-scan” feature lets you see a live picture of what you’re about to scan
- Built-in printer aid in documentation in the patient's chart
- Highly accurate measurments
- Eliminates catheter-related damage and trauma
- USB port can be used to connect the scanner to a computer to store and process the data
- Medline BioCon 500 Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Brochure
Medline BioCon 500 Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Specifications:
- Power: 16V DC Adapter, 7.4V Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Power Consumption: 30VA
- Display: 5.6 inch LCD screen
- Built-in 55mm printer
- Dimensions: 13.4"(L) x 9.45"(W) x 3.95"(H)
- Weight: 6.6 lbs
Returns: Due to hygiene purposes, this item is non-returnable.
Please refer to ActiveForever's return policy for more detailed information.
Related Searches: UTI, bladder infection, ultrasonic, transmission gel, top hat, indwelling catheter