The Mepilex Border Sacrum Dressing is a self-adherent foam dressing that sticks on the wound boundaries and not on the moist areas to provide an optimum healing environment. It is designed with a multi-layer construction that provides excellent exudate management and redistribution of pressure and shear forces. It has a waterproof and breathable back film that protects the wound from outer contaminants and liquids.
The Sacrum Dressing by Mepilex is designed in a shape that easily conforms to the anatomy of the human sacral area to support an effective healing environment. It helps in minimizing acute and chronic wounds formed due to pressure ulcers and surgical excision of pilonidal cysts. The dressing can also be used with compression bandages.
The self-adherent layer of Border Sacrum Dressing is designed with Safetac technology that facilitates trauma-free removal of the dressing and ensures minimal tissue injury of the periwound skin. It provides a perfect seal around wounds and reduces the risk of wound leakages and infection from foreign bacteria. It allows easy repositioning without losing its adhesiveness. The adhesive does not leave any residue on the wounds or the surrounding skin. Beneath the border, an absorption layer and spreading layer work together to provide effective exudate management by absorbing fluids and dispersing them into other areas to create room for more absorption.
Not quite what you are looking for? Check out our Wound Care Dressings page and our Smith & Nephew Allevyn Composite Foam Dressing for more product options.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Reduces the risk of maceration
- Soft, comfortable and self adherent
- Easy to use three part release system
- Showerproof, bacteria proof and latex free
- Specially shaped to fit the anatomy of sacral area
- Reduces pain and trauma during dressing changes
- Lifts and adjusts without losing its adherent properties
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- Dimensions: 7.2 Inch x 7.2 Inch, 9.2 Inch x 9.2 Inch
- Type: Adhesive with Border
- Material: Foam / Silicone
- Sterility: Sterile
- Product Number: 282055, 282400
Manuals and Documents