The Nestle Nutren Pulmonary 1.5 Cal is a special formula prepared with a modified carbohydrate and fat profile created to reduce the production of carbon dioxide in pulmonary patients. The formula contains high amounts of MCT and other healthy fats that are easy to absorb and ideal for patients with fat malabsorption. Only twenty-seven percent of the calories from the formula are from carbohydrates. The low concentration of carbohydrates, in turn, reduces the formation of carbon dioxide.
The formula provides a complete and balanced nutrition support to individuals with various respiratory disorders including chronic pulmonary disease, ventilator dependency, fluid restrictions, or carbohydrate-control needs. The formula is rich in calories and provides one and a half calories in each milliliter of serving. The formula is also rich in protein that helps support lean body mass and enhance wound healing. The supplement contains an elevated amount of phosphorus that helps increase the low serum phosphorus concentration in the patient’s body.
The Nutren Pulmonary 1.5 is suitable to be consumed by individuals on lactose tolerant, gluten-free, low-residue, and kosher diets. The supplement can be consumed as an oral supplement or as a tube feeding formula. It comes in a vanilla-flavored tetra container for oral consumption. For tube-fed patients, the formula is available in an unflavoured option and is packed in a ready-to-hang bag. It is important to note the formula is not suitable for patients with galactosemia.
Product Features and Benefits
- Appropriate for lactose intolerance diet
- Not suitable for people with galactosemia
- Fair lipid profile with MCT to ease tolerance
- For low residue, gluten free and kosher diets
- For both oral supplementation and tube feeding
- Minimize respiratory quotient and CO2 production
- Primary protein source is calcium potassium caseinate
- Manufacturer: Nestle Healthcare Science
- Flavor: Unflavored, Vanilla
- Container Type: Carton, Bag
- Calories per Serving: 375 and 1500
- Volume: 8.45 oz. (250 milliliters), 1000 milliliters
- Model: 9871616480, 9871622392