The Personal Best Peak Flow Meter is an intuitive device designed to aid users self-monitor the overall progress of their asthma treatment. The device has a lightweight and portable structure that makes it convenient for use anywhere. It comes with a safety featured oval-shaped mouthpiece that minimizes the risk of cross-contamination while performing a multi-patient diagnosis.
The flow meter has a dual-functioning built-in handle that is used to place the meter stably on a surface while using it. It is also used as a handle to carry the meter around when not in use making it easily portable. The Peak Flow Meter is reusable and can be washed using warm water and a mild liquid soap, or by placing it on the top rack of a dishwasher, or by letting it air dry.
The Peak flow meter denotes the peak expiratory flow rate or the PEFR number that indicates the users how much the lung airways have improved during respiratory therapy. The higher the PEFR is, the more the lung functionality has been improved. To examine the progress of the medication, it comes with a built-in three-zone traffic light system. If the PEFR is in the green zone, the medication should be continued as is. If found in the yellow zone, then a slight improvement is needed. But if the PEFR is in the red zone, then an immediate change in medication is recommended.
The meter is available in two airflow ranges to suit individual needs and make the process convenient for different users.
Product Features and Benefits
- Built in handle for ease of grip
- Ideal for both adults and children
- Available in full range and low range
- Minimizes the risk of cross contamination
- Color coded three zone management system
- Lightweight, self contained and portable meter
- Can be washed with warm water, soap or air dried
- Manufacturer: Respironics
- Accuracy: +/- 10% or 20 L/min
- Application: Low / Full Range Peak Flow Meter
- Dimensions: 6.5 Inch (Length) x 2.0 Inch (Width) x 0.8 Inch (Height)
- Flow Range: 60 - 810 LPM (Full), 50 - 390 LPM (Low)
- Model: HS755012, HS756012