The Vashe Solution is a highly effective cleansing solution for wound care management including acute and chronic dermal lesions. It also inhibits the growth of a variety of microorganisms in and around the wound. It is formulated with a pH which is the same as the pH of the human skin and is hence non-irritating to the skin.
The Vashe Wound Cleanser is formulated specifically to support a range of wound care needs such as cleansing, irrigation, moistening, debridement, etc. It also acts as a disinfectant by killing harmful microorganisms that grow in acute and chronic dermal lesions which are caused due to stage one to four pressure ulcers, venous insufficiency ulcers, and diabetic ulcers. It has also been found to be effective for post-surgical wounds and first and second-degree burns.
It is formulated with a low and suitable concentration of hypochlorous acid which in itself is a viable source of controlling infection. Unlike other widely used antiseptics with iodine and Neosporin, the Vashe Cleanser with HOCL is non-cytotoxic and thus harmless to human cells. This valuable chemical also helps in fighting bacteria and decreasing biofilm which is a cover formed by microorganisms to facilitate a better growth of bacteria over the wound. Its application also helps minimize wound odors. This makes it great in emergency kits.
Its cleansing time is three to five minutes for normal application. For heavy amounts of necrotic tissue and slough, five to ten minutes of contact time is required. Using the Vashe Cleansing Solution in addition to standard wound care protocols can heal up to eighty-six percent of chronic wounds.
Product Features and Benefits
- Helps reduce wound odor
- Biocompatible, natural, effective and safe
- Safe for patients, clinicians and the environment
- Once opened, solution should be used within thirty days
- Used to moisten and lubricate absorbent wound dressing
- Non irritating, non cytotoxic, no oral toxicity and non sensitizing
- Manufacturer: Steadman Medical
- Brand: Vashe
- Condition: Burns,Surgical Wounds, Pressure Ulcers
- Bottle Volume: 4 oz. (119 milliliter) , 8.5 oz. (252 milliliter), 16 oz.(474 milliliter)
- Model: 312, 313, 314
Product Information and Documents