Choosing the Right Bath Tub Lift - Bath Lift Comparison
ActiveForever Helps You Find the Right Bath Lift to Suit Your Needs!
Bath lifts allow people with limited mobility the ability to enjoy the therapeutic effects of a hot bath and maintain their independence in the bathroom. ActiveForever.com offers a variety of bath lift chairs to allow anyone with physical limitations to enjoy a bath in an easy, comfortable, and safe manner.
There are a wide variety of automatic bath lifts on the market today but all those choices can be very overwhelming. Which bath lift chair is right for you? At Active Forever we want you to be as informed as possible so we've listed the most important factors to consider when choosing the bath lift seat that's best for you:
1. Tub size - Before purchasing a bath lift always make sure you know the measurements of the length, width and height of the bath tub to ensure that the lift will fit properly in the bath. Most lifts fit within a standard size tub (29" x 48"), but extensions are available for some lifts to accommodate whirlpool style tubs and other deeper baths. Active Forever provides specific dimensions for each of the bath lifts we sell to help you ensure the bath lift chair you purchase will fit your bathtub properly.
2. Seat Size - The size of the seat on the bath lift chair is important to consider for several reasons. Consider your own mobility first, and then look to see if the size of the lift seat will allow you to get in and out of the bath comfortably. Depending on your physical limitations, you may want a bath lift chair with wings or flaps on either side of the seat, which creates a transfer surface. A transfer surface provides you more room to maneuver yourself over the top of the tub wall. Other lifts offer an additional rotating seat that not only aids in moving you over the top of the bath wall, but also helps you get out of the bath lift seat easily by rotating your body for you.
3. Lift Range - The lift range of the bath lift chair is the height at which the bath lift will sit above the tub and how low into the bath water you'll be able to go. Look at the lift range to help you understand if the lift will rise high enough that you're able to easily move over the bathtub wall or if you would need to find a different bath lift with an increased lift range.
4. Attachment - Safety is important to us, and with bath safety in mind all of the bath lifts sold by Active Forever have a suction cup attachment to keep the lift in place while in use. Not only are safety cup attachments necessary to keep you safe in your bath lift seat, you also need to make sure the suction cups are compatible with the surface on the inside of your tub. Some suction cup attachments will not stick to textured surfaces so be sure and look at the interior surface of your tub as well as discussing the bath lifts suction cup compatibility with one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives.
5. Lifts per Battery charge - With safety in mind again, Active Forever only sells bath lifts which are battery run so you don't have to worry about power cords by your bath as with electric bath lifts. Each bath lift has a lithium ion battery that will power the lift at full speed and capability until it is fully drained; the lift per battery charge refers to the number of times the bath lift seat will rise and lower before the battery needs to be recharged. You never have to worry about getting stuck in the bath because the bath lifts won't lower unless there is enough battery power to also rise. Charging the bath lift battery after it has expired is easy and convenient.
Best BathTub Lift
While most reclining bath lifts automatically recline to specific angles, the Bathmaster Sonaris Reclining Bath Lift allows you to completely control the reclining angles with an easy to use hand controller. The hand controller also features large, textured buttons to be used easily by the visually impaired. Large side flaps on the Bathmaster Sonaris Reclining Bath Lift allow for easy transfers in and out of the bath lift seat, and the plastic design is easy to clean. The Bathmaster Sonaris Reclining Bath Lift feature a visual warning when the battery is low, but the Bathmaster Sonaris Reclining Lift includes an audible warning as well.
The Riva Bath Lift can also accommodate some of the deeper bath tub models, but is unique in that it requires no tools for assembly. Numerous safety features of the Riva Bath Lift include a textured seat (and back) to prevent sliding, patented self-release suction cups, and a safety light when the battery needs to be recharged.
The Drive Bellavita Auto Bath Lifter is a new, ultra modern automatic bath lift designed for individuals who experience difficulty getting in and out of the bath tub. With the lowest minimum seat height on the market at 2.3" and a maximum seat height of 18.8", the Bellavita is an excellent choice for deeper model bath tubs. Ultra lightweight and portable, this unique bath tub is the lightest bath lift available at only 20.5lbs, and is easy to assemble/disassemble, making it ideal for easy transport and stow away. When not in use, the back conveniently folds down for easy storage.
It is critical during the process of choosing a lift to make sure that you are familiar with all of these factors to ensure the most comfortable and efficient use of the unit within your own home. Now that you know the important factors to consider when buying a bath chair lift and you've determined what will work best for you, feel free to explore our website. The more informed you are regarding your lift, the better your chances of buying the best one to accommodate your needs! If you have any additional questions feel free to call 1-800-377-8033 to talk with a knowledgeable customer service representative who can answer your questions and help you figure out which lift is the right bath chair lift for you.