Medicare will cover a scooter when all of the following criteria are met:
- The patient's condition is such that without the use of a wheelchair the patient would not be able to move around in their residence; and
- The patient is unable to operate a manual wheelchair; and
- The patient is capable of safely operating the controls for the scooter;
- The patient can transfer safely in and out of the scooter and has adequate trunk stability to be able to safely ride in the scooter; and
- It is ordered by a physician who is one of the following specialties: Physical Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurology, or Rheumatology.
Medicare will deny a scooter as not medically necessary when it is needed only for use outside the home. A scooter that is beneficial primarily in allowing the patient to perform leisure or recreational activities will be denied as not medically necessary.
To offer you the best quality scooters and other mobility aids at an affordable price we do not bill Medicare. However, you can download a Medicare reimbursement form
Your completed Medicare Reimbursement form can be sent to the following address:
P.O. Box 6704
Fargo, ND 58108-6704
ActiveForever offers you a wide selection of scooters and accessories at guaranteed low prices. Shop for a variety of scooters in different colors and features. We also have a wide variety of scooter lifts and ramps at great prices.
Buy now and receive FREE ground shipping on all scooters.
Top Selling Mobility Scooters. Mobility Scooter Sale, Shop Online and Save - Activeforever's 20th Anniversary Sale