ActiveForever.com is seeking an experienced Applications Programmer. The expectation of the role is to develop sound technical solutions to meet user requirements that consider system limitations with the primary goal of office automation/productivity and report building. You will be helping us automate the reading and writing of data from disparate systems and producing usable reports from various databases.
A "can do" attitude and a natural talent for delivering quickly and cleanly are key. Additionally, you must have great communication skills so you are able to help set priorities and put project specifications together, based on the needs of technical and non-technical team members.
Lead Software Engineer (eCommerce experience is essential!)
- At least 3+ years professional software development experience in the following areas: Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, SQL Server, Excel interop libraries, Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook), VB Script, VB.NET, VB for Applications, Excel and Access Macro programming
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL/Stored Procedure querying. (Report building and report automation from disparate databases.)
- Experience using report building tools such as Crystal Reports
- Ability to Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
- Perform tests of the developed systems and insure that the end user is satisfied with the application.
- Microsoft SharePoint best practices implementation and utilization experience is required for this role. (integrated with SQL, Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with 3rd Party Software developers to resolve issues.
- Ability to quickly write ad hoc SQL queries occurs as needed.
- Must be able to cite production examples of projects they have participated in, as well as clearly explain their role in the development cycle.
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) credentials is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing PCs in a Microsoft environment.
This position is full-time in-house for local candidates only. No outside consultants or firms will be considered.
ActiveForever Performs Background Checks On All New Hires.
Compensation Base Salary DOE, plus health benefits, vacation, and ability to earn cash bonuses and equity
Please email your resume, current compensation, and your compensation expectations... and any thoughts you may have to: Careers@activeforever.com