The North Coast Medical ADL Universal Cuff is an ergonomic cuff designed to provide users with complete control over items of use. It is an ideal aid for limited dexterity, weak grip or fingers, fingers with constant tremors, and low hand or lifting strength, such as those who have Parkinsons. The cuff is perfect for items such as eating utensils and writing tools.
The cuff features a soft and comfortable elastic band that wraps behind the palm of your hand. It perfectly fits on the hand and secures the cuff in a stable position. The front of the ADL Universal cuff is made out of leather and features a four inch long utensil pocket to hold your items. Primarily, the ADL Universal cuff is for feeding and is used to hold all types of utensils like forks, spoons or even ladles. The pocket firmly holds the item placed in it and does not give it any chance to slip or fall. The user can continue to use the utensil normally while maintaining their independence.
The utensil pocket of the cuff is made out of high quality and durable leather that will last for a number of years. The cuff is available in three different sizes. To get the perfect size for yourself, you will have to measure the width of your Metacarpophalangeal joints, which is the area right below your fingers, and choose a size accordingly.
Product Features and Benefits
- Easy to fit any eating utensils
- Ideal for people with tremors or weak grips
- Leather pocket to hold the item of your choice
- Comfortable elastic strap for perfect and secure hold
- Durable, high quality construction provides years of reliable use
- Made of: Elastic and Leather
- Manufacturer: North Coast Medical
- Model: NC35338 (Medium), NC35339 (Large)
- Sizes Available: Medium - 3½” to 4" (8.9cm to 10cm), Large - 4" to 4½” (10cm to 11cm)
- Size Measurement: To determine your size, measure the width of the hand just below the MP (knuckle) joints.