The 4-Gallon SharpSafety Transparent Red Sharps Container with Counterbalance Lid is thoroughly designed with the objective of preventing the overfilling of the container. The sharps container comes with a horizontal drop slot to dispose of the contents that maximize the container’s capacity and also eliminates the risk associated with vertical drops.
The SharpSafety Sharps Container is an in-room sharps container designed to dispose of used and infectious sharps such as used injections, catheters, needles etc. It can be placed anywhere inside a room for point-of-use disposal.
The SharpSafety Sharps Container comes with a transparent-red base that is stackable and hence saves storage space while storing a number of containers for future use. It features a unique lid-construction with a counterbalancing door that helps restrict the access to the sharps inside while supporting single-handed disposal. To prevent accidental kick back and exit of the disposed of contents, the sharps container has an anti-kickback feature that covers the container opening after the disposal is made.
The container has a maximum filling capacity of fifteen liters to support the extended use of the container. It has molded handles provided on the top of the lid that aid in the safe and secure transportation of the container for the final disposal of the sharps. The container also features strong locking tabs that secure the contents inside and seal the lid completely for the final disposal.
Product Features and Benefits
- Reduces potential overfilling
- Container can be locked for final disposal
- Counterbalance door for easy one handed disposal
- Molded handles allow for secure and safe transport
- Anti kick back prevents sharps from exiting container
- Limits intentional or accidental access to container content
- Manufacturer: Covidien
- Dimensions: 18.5 Inch (Height) x 16.5 Inch (Length) x 6 Inch (Breadth)
- Capacity: 4 Gallon (15 liters)
- Lid Type: Horizontal Entry Lid
- Material: Plastic
- Model: 8541SA