The Tracheolife II Heat and Moisture Exchange is a small and compact device that requires no assembly or tools during installation and is thus easily replaceable. It is a glucose made moisture exchanger that provides efficient humidification for up to 24 hours. To prevent excessive bacteria accumulation and improve efficiency, it is recommended to be replaced at least once every 24 hours.
This Tracheolife II Heat and Moisture Exchanger is designed to provide high humidification for patients using tracheostomy tubes. It is an important step in tracheostomy that helps in the thinning of secretions to prevent mucus and other bodily fluids from plugging after drying out.
It has a built-in oxygen connection port to facilitate humidification and warming of all inhaled gases. Within the device, there is a small chamber provided for the collection of sputum. With an added central port, this chamber can also be used to perform direct suctioning and sampling without removing the exchanger.
This product comes in a standard fitting of fifteen millimeters to be compatible with all standard tracheostomy tubes and weighs eight and a half grams. Due to its standard-fit construction, it is suitable for a wide range of tracheostomy tubes. The exchanger is also free of latex and DEHP to avoid allergic reactions in people allergic to them.
Product Features and Benefits
- HME element is made from cellulose
- Compact, lightweight and latex free device
- Simple to replace without additional assembly
- Single use moisture and heat exchanger device
- Performs suctioning and sampling without removing HME
- Collection chamber deposits sputum without compromising functionality
- Manufacturer: Covidien
- Sterility: NonSterile
- Weight: 8.5 Grams
- Moisture Output: Vt 550 28.5mg H2O/L after 2 hours
- Resistance: 30 L/Min 0.7cm H2O, 60 L/Min 1.8cm H2O, 90 L/Min 3.0cm H2O
- Model: 353U19004