The Molnlycke Mepilex AG Wound Dressing is designed to provide an all-in-one wound dressing solution with more protection from skin-damages and an antibacterial effect. Its soft and moisture-permeable layer helps in maintaining the moisture of the wound environment while the silver sulfate acts as an antimicrobial agent to eliminate harmful microorganisms. The foam dressing is beneficial for individuals with medium to high exuding wounds, such as pressure injuries, partial thickness burns, venous leg ulcers or burns.
The Mepilex Dressing is enriched with silver ions which help in inactivating existing wound-related pathogens within the wound. This property of the dressing helps wounds or burns heal faster and reduces bioburden. It comes with a Safetac technology adhesive, which only covers the skin around the wound and also ensures easy and painless removal of the dressing. Its moisture-permeable nature absorbs any kind of exudate within the wound and prevents it from leaking on to the skin. This also offers sufficient breathability to the skin and hence eliminates the risk of skin maceration.
The antimicrobial activity of the silver sulfate effectively eliminates bacteria within thirty minutes of application. It successfully kills nearly hundred percent of the bacteria and inhibits their growth for up to seven days. The dressing can be cut as per the user’s convenience to fit and cover difficult to dress areas.
Product Features and Benefits
- Soft, comfortable and easy to wear
- Lift and adjust without losing adhesive
- Fast and sustained antimicrobial effect
- Sterile and easy to cut for customization
- Does not harm surrounding skin on removal
- Effectively kills bacteria for up to seven days
- Controls odor and reduces risk of maceration
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- Color: Gray
- Sterility: Sterile
- Type: Adhesive
- Dimensions: 4 x 5 Inch, 4 x 4 Inch, 4 x 8 Inch, 6 x 6 Inch, 8 x 8 Inch, 8 x 20 Inch
- Model: 287090, 287100, 287200, 287300, 287400, 287500