The Thermovent T2 is a Smith Medical manufactured heat and moisture exchanger designed to provide efficient humidification to tracheostomy tubes. The thermovent works by capturing heat and moisture when you breathe out and then keeps the humidity there when you breathe in. It is equipped with a simple opening port to provide easy access to the suction catheters to remove all secretions.
It is specifically designed for patients who have had a tracheostomy and have difficulties with normal respiration. It is also beneficial in thinning out secretions so that the mucus and other bodily fluids don’t plug the airways or the tube after drying out.
The T2 HME has a centrally-located built-in connection port for integrating a supplemental oxygen line. Through this port, over sixty percent of concentrated oxygen can be provided to the patient without being hindered by the other parts or functions of the tracheostomy tubes. It has a translucent housing port that provides clear visual inspection of contaminants and the connection. For added comfort, it has been designed with smooth and rounded edges. It comes with “T” paper medium inside to provide high-performance heat and moisture exchange.
The heat moisture exchange device should not be used for more than twenty-four hours. To prevent the loss of efficiency, it is recommended to replace the device after the 24 hour period. The disposable exchanger is sterilized and ready to use right out of the package.
Not quite what you're looking for? Check out our Covidien Shiley Cuffed Tracheostomy Tube for more options.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Must be used for maximum of twenty four hours
- Smooth and rounded edges enhance patient comfort
- Sterile, single patient use heat and moisture exchanger
- For tracheostomized patients with difficulties in respiration
- Simple opening port allows easy access to suction catheters
- Integrated oxygen port provides up to sixty percent oxygen to patient
- Manufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Moisture Output: 25mg 1-1 H2O at 15 Breath/min-1
- Sold Quantity: Each, Case of 50
- Tidal Volume: 500 milliliters
- Product Number: 100/570/022
Manuals and Documents