The 3M Tegaderm IV Advanced Securement Dressings are transparent dressings used to secure IV insertion sites. The dressings are available in three different shapes which include rectangle, oval, and octagonal dressings to suit individual needs and catheters. The flexibility of the dressings allows them to conform to the user’s body shape for patient comfort and more secure connections.
The dressings stabilize and secure IV tubes and catheters in place and restrict their movement or the possibility of dislodging to ensure safety and comfort. All the options of the dressings have a notched design to facilitate a more firm and secure seal around the catheter. Since the dressings are transparent, healthcare professionals can easily monitor the insertion site without having to remove it. The area of the dressing around the catheter is non-stick to avoid contamination due to the adhesive. The borders, however, are sterilized tape strip that adheres to the user’s skin to secure the catheter. These strips are non-irritating and hence ideal for sensitive skin. They have enough adhesion to support a wear time of seven days.
The upper layer of the Tegaderm IV Dressings also acts as a barrier protecting the skin from external bacterial and viral contaminants. The layer is also waterproof and hence protects the insertion site from liquid contaminants too. The breathability of the dressings ensures patient comfort while a picture-frame design ensures easy single-handed application. The dressings are ideal for IV catheters, central venous catheters, enteral feeding tubes, short peripheral and midline venous catheters etc.
Product Features and Benefits
- Soft cloth tape provides superior adhesion
- Stabilizes and minimizes catheter movement
- Sterile tape strips for added catheter securement
- Transparent design allows easy monitoring of IV sites
- Notched design to facilitate firm seal around the catheter
- Waterproof backing also acts as bacteria and virus barrier
- Manufacturer: 3M
- Latex Free: Yes
- Styles: Rectangle, Oval, Octagon
- Sizes: 2 x 2¼ Inch, 2-⅜ x 2 Inch, 4 x 4-¾ Inch, 2-¾ x 3-¼ Inch, 3-¼ x 4-¼ Inch, 4 x 6-⅛ Inch, 3-½ x 4-½ Inch
- Model: 1610, 1614, 1616, 1633, 1635, 1650, 1655
Product Information and Documents