The Abbott Glucerna 1.2 Cal Formula For Diabetes is nutrition drink that is dense in calories and can be used as a complete balanced supplement or as a sole source of nutrition. The drink comes in two options a can that can be orally consumed and a ready-to-hang bottle for tube feeding.
The 1.2 Cal Nutrition Drink provides users with nearly one and a quarter calories in each milliliter of serving. This allows users to meet their recommended amount of calories in small servings which is ideal for people with limited volume tolerance or fluid restrictions. The drink comprises of a unique blend of fat and carbohydrates which include slowly digestible carbohydrates. It also contains an absorbable form of chromium that aids in easily metabolizing carbohydrates. These ingredients of the Glucerna 1.2 actively contribute to reducing the blood glucose response in patients with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. People with high blood sugar due to metabolic stress, infection, injury etc. will also find the nutritional drink beneficial.
The rich amount of protein in the Abbott Glucerna Supplement 1.2 Cal facilitates faster repair of lean body tissue and wounds. The supplement is also a great source of good fatty acids that promote cardiovascular health and heart functions. The drink is suitable for people following the halal, kosher, gluten-free, and lactose intolerant diets but not for people with galactosemia.
Product Features and Benefits
- Helps control blood glucose response
- For people with type 1 and 2 diabetes
- For both, tube feeding and oral feeding
- Fish oil to support cardiovascular health
- Use as a supplement or as sole nutrition source
- For people with hyperglycemia or impaired glucose tolerance
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- User: Adult
- Container Size: 8 ounces (237 milliliters), 1000 milliliters
- Flavor: Vanilla (8 ounces), unflavored (1000 milliliters)
- Model: 50904, 62677