The Phenex 2 Amino Acid-Modified Medical Food is a special supplement formulated to fulfill the recommended protein intake in patients with phenylketonuria or patients on a phenylalanine-free diet. The supplement serves four-hundred and ten calories in every hundred grams of serving thirty grams of which are constituted of proteins. Around thirty percent of the calories come from vital fats such as high-oleic safflower, coconut, and soy oils, that help users meet their recommended intake of fatty acids. The supplement also consists of nutrients such as L-carnitine and taurine that act as antioxidants and also aid in the breakdown and absorption of other essential nutrients.
The Phenex 2 is suitable to be consumed by children and adults as well as individuals on lactose-intolerant, halal and gluten-free diets. It is available in a vanilla-flavored and an unflavoured option to suit individual taste preferences. It is important to note that this product should not be heated or used while cooking. To consume the supplement, it must be fortified with some other fluids or beverages to meet the standard amount of phenylalanine and water requirements.
It is important to note that supplement should only be given to individuals above the age of one and with proven phenylketonuria. It is not recommended to be used as a sole source of nutrition or be administered through an IV drip.
Prodct Features and Benefits
- Not intended as a sole source nutrition
- Gluten and lactose free, suitable for halal diet
- Specially formulated for both children's and adults
- PKU free to permit greater intake of unblemished protein
- L-tyrosine, amino acid that is regularly lacking in babies with PKU
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Calories per Serving: 410
- Flavor: Vanilla, Unflavored
- Container Size: 14.1 oz. (417 milliliters)
- Model: 51122, 55755