Creative Relief for Arthritis or Chronic Pain Due to "Arthritis"
Bed Buddy Body Wrap Features:
- Heating pack and cold wrap in one!
- Can treat your neck, shoulder, arm, leg, knee, and back pains
- Great for tired, aching muscles and arthritis pain relief
- Helps relieve stomach cramps and pain for nursing mothers
- VELCRO® closure helps secure the Body Wrap comfortably
- Easy and safe to use and reuse
- Contains 100% food grade oatmeal and rice
- Gluten-free for those with celiac disease (sometimes called non-tropical sprue or gluten sensitive enteropathy)
Carex Moist Heat Body Wrap Specifications:
- Dimensions: 23" L x 16.5" W
- Weight: 3 lbs
Bed Buddy Wraps Instructions:
- Carex Moist Heat Body Wrap Instruction Manual
- Hot Pack: Heat in microwave for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes, continue microwaving in 20 second intervals for added heat. Do not exceed 2 1/2 minutes total
- Cold Pack: Wrap in plastic bag and place in freezer overnight
Note: Bed Buddy Products should not be heated in the oven
Warranty: Carex Limited Warranty InformationWhy Heat Therapy? Heat can reduce muscle spasms, reduce joint stiffness, and make soft tissue more limber. Heat can be used to help loosen tight muscles and joints during a warm-up period before exercise. For example, you may put the heated Carex Bed Buddy Body Wrap on tight leg muscles before running, on your shoulder before throwing, or on tight neck or back muscles.
When Should I Use Heat? Use heat for stiff muscles and joints when you are trying to make them more limber. Most therapists and doctors advise not to use heat right after an injury or while your injury has any swelling, as this will have the opposite effect of an cold therapy. Heat increases blood flow and relaxes muscles. Heating the Bed Buddy Body Wrap is good for easing tight muscles, but will only increase the pain and swelling of an injury by increasing blood flow to the injured area.
Why Cold Therapy? Cold therapy is proven to be safe and effective at reducing swelling, relieving pain and decreasing muscle spasms, cold therapy is an easy self-care technique that anyone can administer. Cold therapy should always be used as soon as possible after an injury occurs and continued for the following 48 hours at 15 to 20 minute intervals or as advised by a medical professional.
When Should I Use Cold Therapy? After an injury, blood vessels that deliver oxygen and nutrients to cells are damaged and cannot remove waste. The cells around the injury increase their metabolism in an effort to consume more oxygen. When all of the oxygen is used up, the cells die. Blood cells and fluid seep into spaces around the muscle, resulting in swelling and bruising. When cold therapy with the Bed Buddy Body Wrap is applied, it lowers the temperature of the damaged tissue and constricts local blood vessels. This slows metabolism and the consumption of oxygen, therefore reducing the rate of cell damage and decreasing fluid build-up. Cold therapy can also numb nerve endings and help reduce pain.
Returns: Due to hygiene purposes, this item is non-returnable. Please refer to ActiveForever’s return policy for more detailed information.
Related Searches: Bedbuddy, hotpak, moistheat, BBF 2000-12, 632615020007, bodywrap, carex health brands