The 3M Microfoam Surgical Tape is an incredibly efficient elastic tape that stretches and conforms to all the contours of the user’s body to provide a secure adhesion. It is primarily used to secure wound dressings or provide cushioning to these dressings to reduce trauma and enhance their effectiveness.
The tape has a closed cell foam construction that allows it to stretch from all sides and angles. This gives the microfoam tape the elasticity required to conform to different parts of the body. Wound dressings on the joints, skin folds, or other irregularly contoured sites may be prone to falling off due to movement. The Microfoam Tape secures these dressings really well by firmly sticking to the user’s skin and stretching itself to accommodate for such movement. The multi-directional stretching feature also accommodates for swelling and heavy bandages. The adhesive is also non-irritating to the skin and is suitable for repeated application on sensitive or fragile skin.
The 3M Surgical Tape is completely water resistant to protect the wounds well. It is latex-free and hypoallergenic and is hence does not trigger allergic reactions. The tape is available in rolls of multiple sizes to suit the individual needs of the users. They are available either as singles or in cases of multiple rolls.
Product Features and Benefits
- Elastic foam, hypoallergenic and latex free
- Water resistant and provides cushioning as required
- Adhesive is delicate, secure and non irritating to the skin
- Perfect for securing dressings in challenging areas like joints and skin folds
- Multi directional stretch feature accommodates swelling and promotes comfort
- Manufacturer: 3M
- Sterility: Non Sterile
- Material: Elastic, Elastic Foam
- Model: 15281, 15282, 15283, 15284
- Sizes: 1 Inch x 5.5 yards, 2 Inch x 5.5 yards, 3 Inch x 5.5 yards, 4 Inch x 5.5 Yards