The Respironics Optichamber Spacer provides an efficient drug delivery mechanism for aerosol medications by suspending aerosol particles from the inhaler inside the anti-static chamber giving you more time to inhale the medication. It also ensures that more of the medicine reaches your lungs and keeps asthma patients from coughing.
The spacer can be used for the treatment of a variety of respiratory disorders like asthma, obstructive lung disorders, cystic fibrosis, etc. that require the medication to be administered using an inhaler. The spacer mouthpiece has a step design that makes it compatible with all spacer masks. These masks of different sizes are available with the spacer too and accommodate for patients of all age groups. The masks also feature a soft touch technology that seal the patient’s mouth as per their normal contour and prevents the leakage of the medication.
The low-resistant valves of the Optichamber Spacer open up freely with low pressures and let the medication flow through easily. An alarm system helps patients regulate their breathing for better administration of the medicine. It goes off if the user is breathing in too fast, and quiets down when the patient starts breathing in at a pace that ensure maximum efficiency. The chamber has a flat design for easy gripping and convenience. The transparent chamber of the Optichamber Spacer helps user track the perfect delivery of the medication. The spacer can also be disassembled to be cleaned after use.
Product Features and Benefits
- Compatible with mostly all MDI inhalers
- Tethered cap feature to prevent germs from entering
- Low resistance valve for easy breathing through chamber
- Helps deliver aerosol medication directly to patient’s lungs
- Smaller in size as compared to other valved holding chambers
- For easy cleaning, mouthpiece and adapter can be disassembled
- Manufacturer: Respironics
- Usage: For all ages
- Mask Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Mouthpiece Connector Size: 22mm standard
- Model: 1077478, 1079823, 1079826, 1079827
Manuals and Documents