The Abbott Nutrition Vanilla Glucerna 1.5 Specialized Nutrition Drink is formulated of a unique combination of slowly digestible carbohydrates that helps bring down overall blood sugar levels. It can be consumed as an oral supplement or administered through tube-feeding. With a calorically dense formula, the drink can be used as a sole source of nutrition or as a supplement.
The Abbott 1.5 Cal is an ideal drink for patients with either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. It is also beneficial for people who with an abnormal glucose tolerance due to a variety of reasons like metabolic stress, trauma, illness etc. With nearly one and a half calories in each milliliter, the drink becomes the perfect daily nutrition source for patients relying on tube feeding.
The drink contains chromium picolinate, a highly absorbable form of chromium that also aids in metabolizing the blend of carbohydrates in the drink. As a rich source of prebiotics, the nutritional supplement also promotes healthier bowel functions by facilitating the growth of healthy bacteria in the colon. The canola oil and the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids in the drink promotes the user’s cardiovascular health and also provide a quick source of energy. The high protein blend facilitates faster wound healing and repair of lean body tissue.
The Glucerna 1.5 Cal is suitable for patients following the kosher, halal, gluten-free, and lactose intolerant diets. However, it should be strictly avoided by people with galactosemia.
Product Features and Benefits
- Formulated for tube or oral feeding
- For individuals with type 1 or 2 diabetes
- Use as a sole source of nutrition or as supplement
- Carbohydrate blend helps reduce blood glucose response
- Ideal for patients with hyperglycemia or abnormal glucose tolerance
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Container Size: 8 ounces (237 milliliters), 1000 milliliters
- Sizes Available: Each, Case of 24 or 8
- Flavor: Vanilla (8 ounces) and unflavored (1000 milliliters)
- Model: 53534, 62679