Manufacturer Product Description:
- MEDIHONEY Calcium Alginate Dressing with Active Leptospermum Honey
- MEDIHONEY is a medical-grade honey derived from the pollen and nectar of the Leptospermum species of plant in New Zealand and Australia. It is unique among all type of honey in that it maintains its effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid.
- As wound fluid enters the dressing, the honey is released while the dressing absorbs and forms a gel.
- Demonstrated efficacy from onset of a wound through to closure.
- Cleanses and debrides due to its high osmolarity.
- Helps to lower the wound pH, for an optimal wound healing environment.
- Indications: to cover and/or fill partial-to-full thickness wound with moderate-to-heavy drainage.
- Single use only
- Not Made With Natural Rubber Latex.
- MEDIHONEY is a registered trademark of Medihoney Pty Ltd. and used with permission by Derma Sciences, Inc.
- For more information on MEDIHONEY please visit www.dermasciences.com/elearning-portal/webinar-series.
- Manufacturer: McKesson Brand
- Application: Calcium Alginate Dressing
- Material: Calcium Alginate / Active Leptospermum Honey
- Sterility: Sterile
- Latex Free Indicator: Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
31012 - 3/4 x 12 Inch Rope
- 3/4 inch x 12 inch
- Packaged: 5 Per Box, 4 Boxes Per Case
- Dimensions: 0.75 X 12 Inch
- Shape: Rope
31022 - 2 x 2 Inch
- 2 inch x 2 inch
- Can be used for wound bed preparation and through all phases of wound healing.
- Packaged: 10 Per Box, 10 Boxes Per Case
- Dimensions: 2 X 2 Inch
- Shape: Square
31045 - 4 x 5 Inch
- 4 inch x 5 inch
- Packaged: 10 Per Box, 5 Boxes Per Case
- Dimensions: 4 X 5 Inch
- Shape: Rectangle