The Vanilla Glucerna 1.0 Cal is a clinically-proven liquid nutrition drink formulated for patients with abnormal glucose tolerance. It consists of reduced-carbohydrates, fibers, and fat to provide a complete and balanced nutrition to users. With a caloric density of one calorie per milliliter per serving, it can be used as a supplement to meet the recommended amount of daily calories.
The Glucerna 1.0 Cal liquid nutrition has been specially designed for patients with type one or type two diabetes. It is also beneficial for patients with hyperglycemia and metabolic stress from trauma, infection, or illness.
This diet and nutritional supplement has been formulated to include modified, monounsaturated fats and 24 essential vitamins and minerals to support the healthy functioning of the body. The unsaturated fats also help in managing the user’s lipid profiles and are hence incredibly beneficial for people with lipid malabsorption. It also contains soy fiber to support better digestive health and regulate and maintain normal bowel function.
The drink is available as an oral supplement in a can container. It is suitable to be used as a supplemental as well as a sole-source of nutrition. It is also suitable for kosher, halal, gluten-free and lactose intolerant diets. It is important to note that the drink should not be administered through an IV. It should also be avoided by people with galactosemia.
Not quite what you're looking for? Check out our Glucerna 1.2 that is made specifically for glycemic control.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Used for tube or oral feeding
- Not for individuals with galactosemia
- Helps reduce glycemic response in body
- For individuals with type one or type two diabetes
- Use as a sole source of nutrition or as supplement
- Fiber formulation helps maintain normal bowel function
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Volume: 8 oz. (237 milliliters)
- Calories per Serving: 237
- Flavor: Vanilla
- Suitable for: Kosher, halal, gluten-free and lactose intolerant diets
- Product Number: 50240
Manuals and Documents